CHAP 9. She Will Never Love Me

En başından başla

___

Finally the bell to our recess rang and the classroom was emptied within the time the bell ring ended. Most of them would have gobbled their food up in the ongoing classes only. The ones who didn't would rather be out of class than to sit and and chip their food in.

This worked in my favour. Because I needed some alone time with Zara. I instantly faced her and there she was in the corner beside the windows still looking down and weary.

The warm sunlight made her tinted skin glow even more. But sadly today there wasn't a bright smile across her face to accompany it.

It was so funny few minutes before I was screeching and jumping around to have a talk with her. And now, when I had the chance I was staring her. Taking her all in piece by piece, breath by breath, one at a moment.

Breaking out of my fondness for her I took my steps in her direction and was nervously trying to voice her name in my mind so she would just look up.

"Zara"

There was a voice that came from behind. I was left startled, my voice should come out of me and not from my behind. Or has nervousness made my senses go numb. It took me seconds to realise that it wasn't my inner voice or even me.

I noticed Tanay walking past me toward her.

And then I focused my gaze at Zara who at the call of her name did look up. Her eyes instantly locked me in my position and I wasn't able to move anymore. There was a weird way of our eye contacts. It was way different from others. It's like we didn't look away just as our eyes met. We engaged each other. As if trying to convey something with our eyes.

Her eyes today only conveyed hurt. They weren't weary anymore. They held tears in them and it almost felt like she'd cried her eyes out. And then she looked away.

And I just moved enough to reach to her.

"What happened Zara? I know you wouldn't initiate on telling me but I want to know." Tanay voiced.

Same words I would have used but to my remorse they weren't out of my mouth. And I felt a little envious.

"Cut the crap, we don't need this just tell me what happened already! "

To this Zara welled up. Her till now hidden tears ran down her cheeks. And I don't why but it felt like my heart skipped heartbeats every alternate second. And it ached simultaneously.

"Zar..."

"I don't know. I don't know how to explain it to you guys. You'll never understand" her words were barely understandable due to her crying.

I took her inside my arms without even giving a thought and held her tight. I just had to. I just had to make her feel safe to ease of her pain. That was my priority in the moment.

"I will Zara."

"Yeah, we will. Tell us!"

She looked at with in bewilderment but she didn't fight away. To have her in my arms made me realise how smitten I was of her.

"It hu...urts. It hurts to have loved someone...and then not...have them love you back." She stammered.

"I know I said I was okay with Arsh not loving me back. But I...I... I don't I just feel"

Tanay rubbed her back to help her talk further.

"Continue"

"Like maybe am not worth him, maybe am not worth any....body's love. He just fools around with all these girls in school. Truth is it's heartbreaking. I try to avoid sometimes...I do but I can't. You understand right? I mean he doesn't have to love me back. It's not his fault that I love him and he doesn't. He even doesn't have to stop fooling around. But I can't fight my emotions. I really can't. I respect his feelings but what about mine. I am still hung up on him. I should move on! Maybe I over thinking. Him being around just constantly reminds me maybe am short of qualities. Like I am not good enough. It's taking a toll on me." She tried to come out in one breath.

Her words shocked me. She not being worth, not being being good enough. Was she being rhetorical? Huh. She was priceless. To have her as one of own would be the greatest thing in the world. She was more than good enough. She was best.

Her eyes that glistened with love everyday, her smile that was able to light up moods, the way her nose went red now and then, her trivial jokes, her warmth and the list would go on. She was freaking worth LOVE!
That Arsh was a big fool of letting go off her. I mean I know he's that perfect specimen kind of boy but Zara... Zara deserved a perfect specimen. Maybe even more than that.

"Shut up!"

"I...I just over analyse and I don't deserve..."

"I said shut up" saying the words Tanay cupped her face while my arms were still around her body. It kind of made me more than envious. Truth is now I was jealous of Tanay being able to touch her the way he was doing. Though he was just soothing Zara like any friend would do for his or her friend it still made me jealous that she shared this friendship bond with someone else too.

Tanay was Arsh's very close friend. They actually were inseparable since Arsh's best friend Jai left the school. And due to this reason Zara and Tanay started talking to each other which resulted in them being close friends too. She talked her heart out to him about Arsh and he never judged her.

This was one thing that made me respect Tanay as a person and jealousy feeble.

"Who said you aren't worth? Even billion bucks aren't enough for you get it!"

With this he poked her around to get her giggling.

"Yes, Zar be the best" I said looking into her eyes. And followed with a smirk.

And in reaction to this she looked down and just nuzzled her nose around my chest. That made me pull her even closer in a hug.

It just then occurred my mind that her love for him (Arsh) was way beyond what I had expected. She loved Arsh with all her heart. In that moment I couldn't resist to think that she will never love me the way I love her. 'Cause she was already head over heels in love with someone else.

***

Phew, guys this was one hell of a chapter. The longest I have written. But since I updated after so long it was mandatory.

So, do you like this chapter?

Tanay is introduced in this chapter and let me tell you he has a great impact on this story ahead. If you can guess, what it'll be do tell me in comments.

I also have added as to who I see as Tanay. Tell me if you agree. If not, who do you think can be Tanay? Comment...

Do you like the jitters and feels Abhinav is getting?

Also, guys I would like to announce that from now on am thinking of updating every Wednesday. And if by any chance I can't I'll put it up on Conversation.

So this brings us to end of another chapter. Don't forget to vote, comment and add the book to your library.

KEEP READING, PEEPS. LOVE ♥