I turned to the tall cat man with a very solemn look on my face, wiping my brow sarcastically as I stood again, "It was close, but we saved that one." Sehun glared at me sourly, making me smile widely. "Yes, a rare situation- it only happens every week."

Satisfaction fluttered in my humors as I spotted his bemused, catty expression appear again. Something in me loved seeing Sehun annoyed. I could almost imagine a shaking tail swinging back and forth behind him restlessly.

I patted his shoulder triumphantly, reveling in my all-knowingness for the moment, "You're learning, my junior, you really are."

It seemed that that was the final straw, because that's when Sehun took my hand from his shoulder and used it to propel me against the counter, coming in close and murmuring lowly, "I'm not in the mood to sit here and spew rhetoric, Kim Jae Eun."

My eyes widened as his hips pinned my body to the counter, shooting a searing heat through my body. His left hand held my wrist, but the other was secured behind me to cage me in as he leaned forward, his hazelnut breath and brunette hair fanning my face when he growled darkly, "And I'm not your junior."

My lips parted, but my brain was stuck where it was- nothing came out. Goosebumps were spreading across my skin, and my body burned where I could feel his sharp hip bones and warm lower abdomen pressed against me.

Sensing that he had shut me up, Sehun smirked slightly for a moment, his dark, enclosed eyes searching my features as he continued to speak in the same, dark tone, "You drive me crazy. Try keeping your mouth shut today."

As quickly as it came, his trap was taken away, the air sizzling in heat waves around me as he walked away without another word.

I blinked as I stared after the tall man, a million messages blinking in my head as they tried to decipher themselves and a soft burn in my stomach- a combination of things that had been plaguing me ever since Oh Sehun came into my life.

3rd person- That Morning

Surely, we live in a timeline that God has abandoned.

This is what was running through Sehun's mind that morning when his phone rang again- it was his Dad, for the 10th time.

Granted, Sehun didn't believe in God. But he sure as hell blamed most things on him.

"Appa," Sehun's tone was less than bemused as he held he phone to his ear.

"Yes, hello- finally you answered your phone!" His dad's jovial voice rung tinnily through the line. "As a training CEO, I advise that you keep your ringer on at all times. Of course, not in meetings. Oh, a-and of course, never when you're with your wife at home!" Sehun sighed deeply as his dad continued to rant, looking down at the little people out of his luxury apartment's giant window in misery. How far down was the jump, really? "I remember a time when your mother and I were-well, we were busy and-"

"Appa."

"Oh, I miss her too, Hunnie. It seems only yesterday she fed you those ugly carrot juices and you would-"

"Appaji, please," Sehun interrupted exasperatedly.

That morning the tall young man had managed to spill boiling coffee on himself, stub three of his toes on his dog's carry cage, break his favorite rolex watch and, to top it all off, he discovered a giant volcano pimple just under his fringe. This was all before 8 in the damned morning.

Oh Sehun wasn't in the mood to talk about his mother.

"Hm? Oh yes, the reason I called you," Mr. Oh's cheery, boastful tone melted into a nervous laugh before continuing. "Well, it's like this: the goguma latte is one of our most unique drinks, yes?" Sehun could hear his dad's costumer service voice coming through- the same voice he heard growing up when he would ask for anything unreasonable. "It's very good for those who like nutty flavors, very good for the flu season. Our customers either love it or hate it, as I'm sure you've seen, yes?"