Chapter three

Sonic and Shadow found themselves walking in the same direction and Sonic found all this too suspicious to call it coincidence. He looked at shadow. “You said you have a great dane?”

“Yea?”

“Black and white?”

“Yea”

“Escapes a lot?”

“Yes.”

“Is the name Maria?”

“....yes” Shadow blinked and seemed to catch on to what he was doing. “You said...your dogs name was Doxie right?”

“Y-yea?”

“Small dog...black with brown?”

“Yep”

“Weiner dog mix?”

“How’d you guess?”

“.....You’re the guy who bought my old house!”

“Wait! That means you’re my new neighbor!?” They stared at each other about to speak until a dog bark caught their ears. They looked and and shadow groaned.

“Maria!” Shadow called the dog stopping in front of them. She barked and Sonic laughed slowly reaching out only for the dog to snap at his hand making Sonic yelp in pain. “Maria! Bad dog! Come on Faker I’ll get you wrapped up...just cause Rouge will kill me if I don’t” Sonic blinked but nodded going with him to his house as Shadow held onto the dog’s collar. He saw his dog barking at the window as he passed.

“So you’re my new neighbor….well looks like Rouge has even more material to falsely accuse us with huh?” Sonic said as Shadow only gave a nod of his head.