The Things We Desire

The Things We Desire; by BlackSwan101

This is a great book for starters. It's set in the 1930s and involves a teenage girl named Lenora. Lenora just happens to be in love with a man going away to war, what doesn't help her love is the mother that insists on having her daughters live rich lives. It's interesting to read this tale, set in third person, because of how well the author portrays the era. 

The chapters all seem to be a nice length and the writer clearly has a good style of writing. Though I did seem to see a reoccurring problem that the writer had, descriptions. The descriptions were a chopped the flow a lot but thankfully they were tiny little descriptions. Unfortunately there were quite a bit in the beginning. Personally they can easily be overlooked. This book has few mistakes and is well written. It also has a great plot line which is all thanks to the author.

In general I think that if you're interested in a good love story you should read this book. It's not cliche and keeps your interest throughout the entire story. I really enjoyed it and all I can say is the author has a great style of writing. Thank you BlackSwan101 for letting me review your book!

Yours Truly McbChikki <3