Chapter 20

Gavin readied his talons, his eyes focusing on the palace. He then glanced at the guards in the front entrance of the palace.
I have to let them see me and follow me to the Rainforest Kingdom.
Gavin inhaled a long, deep breath before exhaling silently. He shook his nervous from his tail and claws, letting determination and bravery engulf him. His talons had a faint tingle in them, but he didn't care. All he cared about was getting the SkyWing queen to the Rainforest Kingdom.

I hope my soul is safe.

Gavin bolted into the sky, opening his talons towards the palace. He yelled at the top of his lungs, "I enchant the trees and boulders to attack Queen Andesine's palace!"

The SkyWing guards outside were alerted, and they roared, before trees and huge boulders shot at the palace, the rocks crashing through the stone walls completely. The trees went through the immense openings caused by the rocks and destroyed things from the inside. He could hear the angered screams of the SkyWing queen. The walls toppled down, the palace losing support in certain parts and causing other parts to fall also. He saw numerous guards get crushed by debris.

"Gavin! Come on! Lets go!" Jenny yelled from behind Gavin. Gavin saw thousands of red and orange dragons shoot out of the palace like angry hornets when their nest is disturbed. Gavin quickly turned away, flapping his wings as hard as he could as he raced away from Queen Andesine's palace and towards the Rainforest Kingdom. Jenny kept up with him, a worried look was planted on her face. Grapefruit's scales were completely white with fear.
The dragonets flew as fast as their wings could take them. They were literally flying for their lives.

Gavin looked back for a few moments. The SkyWing soldiers were right on their tails, only a few tail-lengths away. But the biggest SkyWing was leading the SkyWing soldiers. She was gigantic, and her wingbeats were almost deafening with each flap she took. Queen Andesine looked furious, and the sharp and dangerous gleam in her eyes scared Gavin to the bone.
"We're almost there," Jenny yelled against the loud wind that zoomed around their ears. "Lets just hope the RainWings are ready!"

Grapefruit began to tire, and he slowed down. The RainWing looked so weak it was like he was going to drop from exhaustion. Gavin noticed how he slowly began to fall back, closer towards the SkyWings. "Grapefruit! Come on! Keep going! We're almost to the Rainforest Kingdom!" Gavin yelled, hoping his friend could hear. There was no answer.

Gavin's wings began to ache, but he knew he couldn't stop. Stopping meant death. He could see dark figures in the distance, which he assumed was trees. They was close.
"Please be ready," Jenny hoped as she also glanced back at the SkyWings. When they reached the Rainforest Kingdom, Gavin and Jenny hurled into the trees, not caring if swings and leaves hit them. Gavin made sure Jenny was next to him at all times, not wanting to lose her. Gavin looked behind him, seeing no SkyWings pursuiting them. Though, angered roars and yells filled the air, echoing through the night. Gavin landed on the ground, resting his wings.

They stung and burned, it felt like lava was coursing through this muscles. Jenny drooped her wings, breathing hard. "We have to kill Queen Andesine," Jenny said. "She'll probably kill Queen Glory and all of the RainWings!"
Gavin shot into the air again, shooting through the canopy and into the dark sky. Thousands of both SkyWings and RainWings fought in mid-air, claws and teeth flashing. Gavin could only hear roars, yells, and cries of fallen soldiers.

The Sun was a thin line of light on the horizon, the sky was dark indigo and still sparkling with stars. Gavin bared his teeth and hissed once he saw the scarlet red SkyWing queen effortlessly killing RainWing soldiers with only her claws and tail. She had many scarred scales on her body caused by the RainWing venom that landed on her precious scales.

While Andesine was distracted on a RainWing soldier, Gavin flew to the queen, and slammed his tail against her side. Andesine roared in pain as she was forced sideways, flapping her wings hard, desperately trying not to fall in the sky. When she finally recovered, she grinned. "Ah, its the NightWing who destoryed my palace. Well, isn't this fascinating," Andesine said. "What are you doing here, NightWing?"
Gavin lashed his tail as he hovered before the SkyWing queen. "Surrender and stop this madness, Andesine," Gavin growled. "Or, I'll just kill you myself. I'm sure your princesses would love that."

In one swift movement, Andesine whacked Gavin across the face with her claws, so fast that he was late to even react. Gavin opened his wings to slow his fall, and he took one firm flap to regain his balance in the air. Andesine launched herself at Gavin, slashing her claws at his face. Gavin dodged, feeling the wind as her claws flashed right by his face. Andesine then grabbed Gavin's claws in a flash, before chomping down on his neck. Gavin roared, clawing at Andesine's face, trying to make her let her go but she wouldn't. She thrashed his body around, so hard that Gavin thought his body was going to snap in half. Her teeth had already pierced through his scales, and blood dripped from the queen's mouth.

Gavin then scratched the queen's left eye, and that made her let go. Andesine hissed, her white teeth now stained with Gavin's crimson red blood.
I can't stop fighting now, Gavin thought.
Suddenly, Andesine slammed her tail into Gavin, the force sending him shooting towards the ground.
Gavin crashed onto ground roughly, dirt and blood from other dragons got onto his scales and face. He coughed, seeing Andesine landing right behind him in the corner of his eye.
Ignoring the pain from his injuries, Gavin whirled around and blasted a gust of fire in Andesine's face, causing her to scream and move back for a moment, giving Gavin the chance to slash her underbelly deeply. The slashes gushed our bright red blood.

When Andesine opened her raged-filled eyes, ready to attack, Jenny bolted out of no where and grabbed the SkyWing's horns and climbed onto her back. Andesine thrashed around so violently Jenny accidentally tore off of one of her horns while trying to stay on.
"Come on! Kill her with something!" Jenny yelled as the queen kept thrashing around. Gavin looked around frantically, trying to find a large object. Gavin quickly spotted a large branch with a sharp end. "That's all I have.." Gavin mumbled as he quickly flew to the branch on the tree. Gavin wrapped his talons around the base of the branch and pulled it with all of his might.

The branch didn't budge. Cursing to the three moons he hit the branch with his tail, easily breaking it off of the tree. He caught it before the branch hit the ground, and he rushed to the queen again. By the time he came back with the branch, Andesine had already thrown Jenny off. Jenny circled around Gavin and Andesine, yelling, "kill her! Hurry!"

Gavin glared at the queen. "Come on, you useless NightWing! Kill me!" Andesine laughed maniacally. "I'm waiting!"
Gavin wrapped his talons around the branch so hard he could hear the tiny cracks caused by the bark that crippled under the pressure of his claws. When he opened his talons, the branch levitated a few inches from his talons.
Andesine's expression quickly changed. "You're animu-"
Her words were cut off by a pained yell once she was impaled by the branch, right through her heart. Andesine coughed up blood, giving Gavin one last cold glare, before she went limp and fell towards the ground, a loud THUD could be heard once she hit the floor.

All of the SkyWings stop fighting the RainWings, and they immediately retreated back to the Sky Kingdom. The remaining RainWing soldiers cheered and cried with joy, all of their scales turned yellow with happiness. Gavin cheered, ignoring the fact that the ground was littered with dead SkyWings and RainWings.
The queen is dead, Gavin thought. The war is over. The war is finally over.
Jenny had suddenly tackled Gavin, laughing gleefully. Gavin was so full of joy he couldn't even feel the pain in his neck and muscles.
"You did it!" She said, smiling. "The war is over! The war is over!"
The RainWing soldiers then surrounded Gavin and Jenny chanting their names and praising the NightWings.
Gavin, with the help of Grapefruit and Jenny, had saved the RainWings.

He saved the dragon tribes.