Chapter 19

Gavin, Jenny, and Grapefruit stood in the queen's treehouse. It was dawn, and the dragonets was about to leave the Rainforest Kingdom. "I wish you all luck," Glory says as she smiled at the dragonets. Deathbringer smiled also. "We'll be seeing you all when you come back with the SkyWings... If you all manage to bring them here. But I also wish you all luck."
Waving goodbye to Queen Glory and her NightWing bodyguard, the dragonets set off to the Sky Kingdom.

"How are we supposed to get all of the SkyWings AND the queen out of the palace?" Jenny asks as she flew next to Gavin. "Punch a guard? That should anger the SkyWings, right?" Grapefruit says. "Probably not all of them," Gavin pointed out. "We need to do something so bad that it angers the queen and causes her to go after us."
All of the dragonets went silent, only the roar of the wind could be heard.

"We could severely damage the SkyWing palace," Jenny suggests all of a sudden. "Yeah.. Sounds good. I can enchant large objects to attack the palace," Gavin says. "Its the best plan we have."

The dragonets flew for hours, and by the time it was sunset they only made it to the Diamond Spray Delta. Landing on the ground, Grapefruit instantly complained. "This feels just like the Mud Kingdom! But.. Less trees." Grapefruit lifted his claws and clumps of mud dripped from it. Jenny tried to walk through the thick mud, but her claws would get stuck and she would have to use so much force to pull them out. "We could continue and fly though the Diamond Spray River to Andesine's palace." Gavin said. "Fly? The SkyWings would easily see us," Jenny says. "When it's dark enough, we should walk through the river. They would never see us."

"Walk?!" Grapefruit exclaimed. "The water is probably freezing! We can't walk through those waters!" Gavin groaned. "We have no other choice, unless you want to go around the river and climb mountains for hours. Do you want that, Grapefruit?"
Grapefruit huffed, his tail turning bright orange. "No.."
"I thought so. Now, lets take a break." Gavin said as he tried to find a dry spot in the delta, though he gave up and just laid on the mud.

"I'm not laying on this mud," Grapefruit said as he flopped onto Gavin's back. "Oof," Gavin said. "I would appreciate It if you get off of me."
"No."
"I will bite your tail if you don't get-"
Jenny climbed onto Grapefruit, and laid right on top of him, more weight pressing down on Gavin. "Sorry, Gavin, but I'm not laying in mud either."
Even though both Grapefruit and Jenny was awfully light, he still felt cramped and was unable to move. Gavin sighed, dealing with it and falling into a uncomfortable sleep.

Gavin was the first to wake up from The dragonets' small nap. He yawned, trying to wiggle from under Grapefruit, but the weight of Jenny on the very top made that difficult. Gavin glanced at Grapefruit's long tail, stretching his neck towards it and biting down onto it. Grapefruit yelped, causing Jenny to get spooked and fall into the mud. Grapefruit hissed at Gavin. "Why did you bite me?!" Grapefruit yelled. "I had to find someway to get you off of me," Gavin responded. Jenny shook off the mud on her scales, though she still looked dirty.

"It's pretty dark out. Should we leave now?" Jenny asks. Grapefruit stroked his sore tail. "I think we should," Grapefruit said as he dripped his tail into the cool mud. "The sooner we get to the palace, the sooner we can bring the SkyWings to the Rainforest Kingdom."
Gavin nodded. "I agree. Come on. We need to be quiet."

The dragonets followed the stream of water where the delta had started. They sloshed through the calm, freezing waters of the Diamond Spray River. The river wound its merry way through the forest. Babbling and burbling, it rushed over The limestone rocks in its way. The further the dragonets went through the river, the deeper the waters got. Silhouettes of mountains stood silently in the background, a brooding presence of sky punching majesty.

The water reached up to the dragonet's necks, and Gavin was so cold his talons were going numb. Grapefruit was shaking. "Nevermind, I'd rather climb the mountains," Grapefruit says quietly. "I don't like this at all! It feels like an IceWing froze my insides!"
"We're almost there. We can't stop now." Jenny said with a small growl. The lashing of her tail sent water going everywhere. Gavin's wings were also shaking like the rest of his body.

Gavin rubbed his wings together, trying to warm up the best he could, but it was no use with the cold waters around his whole body.
Losing track of time, Gavin looked up at the sky drowsily, the cold temperature of the water making him tired. He saw a large palace under the moonlight. It was looked larger than the NightWing palace, and it reached up in the sky, taller than most of the mountains that was behind it.
It was Queen Andesine's palace.
The dragonets climbed out of the river, all shivering and embracing the warm night air.

Outside of the palace's entrance was three SkyWing guards, and numerous other guards were set in the forest in the east of the river. "Those SkyWings over there could see us," Jenny warned as she pointed towards the trees on the other side of the river. "We need to hurry."
Grapefruit shuffled his wings. "I can distract them for a while," Grapefruit said. "They should fall for it for awhile, but not for long."

Both Gavin and Jenny nodded. "We'll do as much damage as we can," Jenny grinned, cracking her claws. "Gavin, come on."
Jenny beckoned Gavin with her tail, quietly crawling to the palace. Grapefruit then camouflaged into dark colors and glided across the river.
Crouching in undergrowth, Gavin and Jenny examined the palace, trying to take out as much details as they could in the darkness. "What's the point of a plan, eh? I'm sure Queen Andesine would try and kill us even if we dropped a pebble on her precious walls," Jenny joked as she looked at the nearby guard who sneezed loudly. Gavin looked at his claws, moving his talons around slowly. "Ready?" Jenny says.

"Ready."