5

Oh wow look. An update.
*Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes.*

●●●
No one cares unless
you're pretty or dying
●●●

Charlotte's POV

Bianca was his soulmate. But she was also Henry's soulmate. That could only mean...

"Charlotte! Pay attention!" Ms. Shapen shouted.

"Yes, ma'am." I murmured back.

Twenty minutes later the bell range for lunch. I slowly started to gather my belongings. I turned around to see that Henry and Jasper had already left. They usually wait around for me and then we would go to lunch together. I guess today is different.

"Do you want to go to lunch with me?" I heard from behind me. I turned to see Mark staring at me with hopeful eyes.

"Um..."

"Please?"

I sighed.

"Sure."

His face lit up with a bright smile. He happily grabbed his backpack and laced his arm through mine. Woah. This is to much physical contact. We just met.

"Let's go, friend." Mark exclaimed. Okay...

When we arrived at the cafeteria, we walked towards my usual table. Jasper and Henry haven't arrived yet. I looked around and noticed that everyone's eyes were on us. I looked down at my lap, not liking the attention.

"I'm going to go get lunch. Do you want anything?" Mark whispered in my ear.

"No I'm fine." I muttered back.

I felt him rise from his seat beside me and I heard him walk away. I pulled out my phone and started it idly scroll through it. I heard someone sit next to me and looked over to see that it was Jasper who was sulking.

"Henry told me to go away because he wanted to spend time alone with Bianca. Can you believe that?" Jasper said.

"Join the club buddy." I replied, patting his back.

"I'm back." Mark called, sitting next to Charlotte. "Here. I got you a muffin. I don't feel comfortable eating in front of people who aren't."

"Um..." I was taken back by the kind gesture. "Thanks?"

Mark chuckled. "No problem."

"What did you get me?" Jasper asked from beside me.

"Nothing because I don't know you." Mark said dryly. I snorted, covering it up with a cough.

"Well, I'll just go get lunch myself." Jasper said, standing and walking away. A comfortable silence fell between Mark and I. My eyes traveled to his wrist where the black ink was. I was surprised that he wasn't wearing long sleeves. Does he know that he is a glitch?

My eyes traveled to Mark's face and saw that he was giving me a intense stare. I averted my eyes back to my phone and nibbled on the muffin he gave me. I was mentally yelling for Jasper to hurry and come back. My prayers were answered because not even 30 seconds letter Jasper plopped down beside me.

"They were all out of pizza by the time I got up there." Jasper mumbled.

I rolled my eyes at him continued to eat my muffin. As if on que, Henry and Bianca walked into the cafeteria hand in hand. I felt Mark tense next to me. I glanced at him to see him looking at them with a clenched jaw. I reached out and put hand on his arm. He relaxed but was still staring.

"What's up with him?" Jasper asked me.

"Um...Henry owes him money! I was just about to take him outside to cool down. Excuse us." I said hastily. I grapped Mark's hand and yanked him up. He stared at me in confusion as I pulled him past Henry and Bianca. I finally stopped once we were in the hallway.

"What's wrong?" Mark asked me.

"Stop trying to play coy with me." I snapped. Something glinted in his eyes but was gone as soon as it came.

"I'm sorry? I don't know want you-"

"I know Bianca is your soulmate!" I yelled, cutting him off. "I know that you are a glitch."

The smile he had on his face wavered.

"I'm one, too." I continued. "And Henry is my soulmate." I finished.

It was quiet for a while before words were spoken. Finally, he broke the silence.

"Let me see your wrist."

I pulled up my sleeve and held out my wrist for him to see. Mark grabbed it and brought it up towards his face. He lightly sweeped his thump over the ink, as if he was trying to see if it would smeer. He let my wrist go and stepped back. Once again, a bright smile adorned his face.

"Good to know I'm not in this alone. Come on, lunch isn't over yet." Mark exclaimed, grabbing my hand and pulling me back into the cafeteria

This chapter sucks but anyway should I make Mark a permanent character? I want him to be Charlotte's other, better best friend. No offense to Henry or Jasper.
EDIT: Mark and Charlotte aren't going to get together. I forgot to add that.