18

*Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes.*

●●●
And yet you live
despite it all
●●●

Charlotte's POV

It was silent for a good five minutes. We were at peace with each other despite what happened in my room a good ten minutes before. It was quiet. Up until my mom asked the question.

"So Mark, how long have you and Charlotte been dating?"

I choked on the water I was currently drinking and looked over at Mark
He chuckled and opened his mouth to answer, possibly deny, her question but was cut off.

"They are most definitely not dating. They are just close friends." Henry spoke.

"No one was talking to you, Hart." Mark grumbled.

"I just said what you were going to say." Henry said innocently.

"I thought they were more than friends." Bianca told Henry.

"How can they be dating when I'm Charlotte's sou-"

"Don't you even finish that sentence, Henry." Mark seethed.

"Oh I didn't even know you knew my first name." Henry said, sarcastically.

"Kids! Calm down. Let's just finish this dinner so everyone can leave." My mom said.

Just then Henry's watch started to beep. At the same time I got a text from Ray.

Ray Gun: stupid Jeff is trying to rob Swellview Bank.

"Charlotte and I have to go. There is an emergency at work."

"Henry, wait! What about Bianca and Mark?" I inclined, noticing the fact that we can't just leave them here.

"What about them?"

"We can't leave them here with my mom."

"I take Charlotte to Junk N' Stuff. You can take your girlfriend home. Oh wait, you don't have a car." Mark told Henry, smirking.

"Why don't you put a sock in it, Mark." Henry replied.

"Why don't you drive all of us? Can't you just take Bianca home this one time? I'll pay you back in gas when I get paid." I asked Mark.

"You don't have to pay me back. Only they do."

"What?" Henry and Bianca snapped.

"I'm not giving rides for free. Not in this economy." Mark shrugged.

"But you'll give Charlotte a ride for free..." Biancs mumbled.

"That's because she's my best friend. Now come on before I change my mind."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Hey Charlotte! Guess who's bucket I got over the weeknd." Jasper said down in the Mancave.

"What?" I asked absentmindedly.

"Woodrow Wilson's old bucket!"

"Wow that's so cool." I replied in a monotone voice.

"Jasper! Why are you not upstairs? Go!" Ray shouted, stepping into the Mancave followed by a smiling Henry.

Jasper grumbled and walked towards the elevator.

I rose from my seat and walked over the stand beside Henry.

"How'd it go?" I asked them.

"It was over in ten minutes." Henry answered.

"All Henry and I had to go was run around for a few minutes and he was down." Ray added.

I made a noise of acknowledgment before I felt my phone chime in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked to see that Mark had texted me.

Marky💤: you still at work?

Charlottie🤠: yep I'm about to leave

"I have to go." I announced.

"Where are you going?" Henry asked.

"Home to study. We have a test tomorrow in Ms. Shapen's class. Remember?"

"Eh I'll just wing it." Henry shrugged.

"Or you can join Mark and I's study group? Their is also Jasper and Oliver." I said gathering my things.

"I'll think about it. Mark and I with pencils and pens are not a good thing." Henry replied.

I gave him a quizzical look.

"Too easy to injure each other."

I rolled my eyes and walked towards the elevator.

"See ya, Jasper" I waved to him on my way out.

I started walking on the path that lead to my house. I placed my earbuds inside of my ears and turned on some Ariana Grande.

I was halfway to my house when my head started to hurt. I shook my head and slowed my walk. Suddenly, my vision was starting to become blurry. I knew instantly something was very wrong. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and started to dial Henry. Well, I tried. My vision was going dark around the edges and my hearing sound far away.

Then I hit the ground.

Well that's it guys Charlotte's dead. Hope you enjoyed.

Nah I'm just messing with yall new chapter coming soon.🤩

Any of you guys like BTS? PM me so we can fangirl together😗