1

Let's see how good I am at writing 2 books at once.
*Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes.*

●●●

"We fall in love with people
we can't have."

●●●

Charlotte's POV

Please let this be a dream. I just want to wake up and this will all be a nightmare. I slowly opened my eyes to see his name still etched on the skin of my wrist in dark ink. Why? I was a good kid. Never got in any trouble. What did I do to deserve to be punished like this?

My mom gently pushing open my bedroom door brought me out of my reverie. She had a small smile. Her smile dropped as soon as she seen the look on my face.
"Sweetie? What's wrong?" She said softly.
"I..."
I barely muttered out a word before I broke down sobbing. My mom came over to comfort me, still asking me what was wrong. All I had to do was show her my wrist, and she understood. She understood what the name on my wrist meant. She understood why I was crying. She understood that I was a glitch. She understood that his name on my wrist has already decided my fate. Henry.

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢

"Hey Char. Henry, Bianca, and I are going to Club Soda later. Wanna come?" My friend Jasper asked me.
"Sorry I can't. I have a doctor's appointment." I replied.
"Aw man. I'm going to feel like a third wheel." Jasper grumbled which made me snicker.
"Why are you wearing long sleeves? It's almost 90 degrees out." Jasper questioned. I froze, working quickly to make up some lie.
"Oh I've been feeling pretty sick lately. That's why I'm going to the doctors."
Before Jasper could reply, Henry and Bianca walked up to us.
"Hey guys." Henry began.
"Hi. Listen Jasper it was fun talking to you but I'm really have to go." I said quickly, wanting to get away from Henry and Bianca as fast as possible.
"Wait a minute Char-"
I snatched away from Henry as a strong burning sensation filled my arm. Henry held his hand, looking at it in shock. Before he could utter a word I ran off to my class.

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢

I anxiously sat on the cold table at the doctor's office. My mom sat next to me, looking just as nervous as me. I glanced at my phone, seeing I had a text from Ray. I had to go into work later. Great.

I turned my attention to the doctor as she walked into the room. The look on her face made my heart started to beat faster.
"Ms. Bolton the test results have returned. It shows something very...rare. it shows that you your soul is rotting at a very alarming rate. It is very weak and may not be able to support itself for a very long time without it's other half."
"What does all of that mean?" My mom questioned.
"It pretty much means that her soul is not able to support itself anymore. Once a person turns 16, they need their other half. Without then, their soul will eventually shut down, killing the person. The problem is that Charlotte's soul is shutting down quickly. Very quickly." The doctor explained.
"How long do I have left?" I finally choked out.
"If you're lucky, 5 months maximum."

My stomach dropped. 5 months? That's so short.

I heard my mom thanking the doctor and then a door close. I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt wetness hit my jeans. My started gently rubbing my back as I bawled my eyes out, feeling miserable.

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢

When I was younger I always pitied cancer patients. Saying that I would hate knowing I was about to die. I mean, of course I knew that I was definitely going  to die someday. But the know exactly when? That seems like hell. But here I am. It's kind of ironic isn't it?

I stayed up all night thinking. I was only 16. I barely got to experience life. Unfortunately, I am getting it tragically ripped away from me. I didn't want to think about my impending doom, but I couldn't help it. I would never go to college. Start a career. Experience life.

My mind drifted to my friends. How would they react? Of course they would be devastated.

I felt like I'm in a nightmare. But it's hard to wake up from a nightmare when you aren't even asleep.

I heard the soft sound of rain hitting my window and sighed. I felt...tired. Tired of the world. Tired of people. Tired of life. I was hurting. Only this time I can't heal.

Yay first chapter of glitch. This is a HUGE emotional switch from Gucci.