☽Headlights ★ David Rossi☾

Start from the beginning

"Thank you David, and one of these days I may take you up on that offer." Y/N says as the two are standing on the sidewalk outside of the front doors.

"It's no problem, have a nice night Y/N." David says before unlocking the door to his car.

"You too David! See you tomorrow." Y/N says with a wave before she starts walking in the opposite direction to her apartment.

The tired agent pulls her jacket tighter around her body in the chilly night air, putting her headphones in her ears and scrolling through her playlist until she finds the song she wants to listen to before tapping play on it.

Humming softly to the music now filling her ears Y/N observes the completely empty night streets around her as she walks home to her apartment, her go bag slung over her shoulders as she does.

Suddenly the blinding headlights coming from a car behind her make her pick up her pace as she notices how slow they're driving, hoping they'll just drive on and leave her be.

But she was wrong, when the car was right behind her the passenger side door swings open behind her as the man driving knocks her down with it.

As the agent falls she tries to stop herself from hitting her head by putting her arms out in front of her, only to hear a crunching sound come from her wrist before a searing pain shoots through it, her head hitting the concrete after.

With blurry vision and a sore wrist she tries to force herself to sit up and fight as she sees the man approaching with a rag in his hand.

"Stop! Please don't hurt me!" Y/N yells out loudly, hoping anyone will hear her pleas and save her from this strange man.

"Sorry sweetheart, no one's gonna help you." Says the voice of the man above her.

The next thing she knows he's pinned her to the ground before holding the chloroform rag over her nose and mouth as she struggles under him before everything starts going black.

Once she's passed out he makes sure no one saw anything before roughly tossing her in the car's passenger side, shutting the door and getting in the driver seat before speeding off to where he planned to keep her.

☽★☾

The next morning in the BAU office everyone was trying to find Y/N, the team starting to get worried when she didn't show up for work the next day and wouldn't answer any of their calls, each time going straight to her voicemail.

It wasn't until a letter was left for them at the front desk that they realized she had been kidnapped on her walk home that night and never even arrived at her apartment, the team gather around as they read the letter.

"Dear BAU,
If you ever want to see your precious little weak agent Y/N again, then you'll do exactly as I say. You will give me a visa out of the United States along with immunity so I can't be touched, and a plane to get there. You'll bring it all to 7365 Langdon Avenue by ten tonight or she's a dead woman just like all the other weak little girls I've killed.
-Harold Bryer"

"What do we do Hotch? We can't just leave her there to die but we can't exactly give this scumbag what he wants either." Agent Morgan says as he rubs his hand across his face.

"We suit up, get SWAT, then we go to the location and we trick him into thinking we are giving him what he wants until we're absolutely sure she's safe, and when she is we will put him behind bars. Got it?" Hotch explains to the team.

"Got it boss." Everyone says in unison before hurrying to suit up and bring her home safe.

Once everyone was suited up they were on their way to the address mentioned in the letter and not being very far from the city it doesn't take them more than half an hour to arrive at the location.

Upon hearing the sounds of vehicles pulling up outside Harold exits the warehouse that held Y/N tied up nice and tight inside of it as he smiles sickly at the agents.

"Ah! You're early! Do you have what I want?" Harold says as he twirls a knife in his hand, looking at the agents practically surrounding him.

"Yes, we do. But only if we get Y/N first, and have proof of life if not all bets are off Harold." David Rossi says as he glares daggers at the man.

With a scoff Harold turns around and opens the hanger doors, revealing Y/N beaten and tied to a chair with a cloth gag tightly in her mouth so she couldn't scream.

"There's your little weakling, she's alive. Now where is my shit?" Harold asks, his back still turned to the agents before Derek tackles him to the ground.

When Derek tackles Harold he loses the knife he had in his hand as it slips out of arms length, trying to fight the stronger agent off as he furiously yells, "Damn you BAU! This was supposed to go my way! I'll come back for all of you one day! You're all dead!"

"Good luck with that." Derek says as he cuffs Harold, picking him up and roughly shoving him into the cruiser.

Once Harold is in the cruiser David rushes over to untie the cloth around her mouth before untying the ropes tightly bound around her wrists, the younger agent falling limp into his arms when he does.

With a hoarse voice she whispers, "Th-Thank you for saving me... next time I'll take you up on the offer to drive me home."

"Believe me Y/N, after this I'm not letting you walk home alone. In the time you've been training with us and joined the team I've grown a crush on you and I don't know what I'd do if I lost you before I got the chance to be with you." David says as he holds her.

"I-I like you too, David." Y/N says weakly.

"Will you be mine then Y/N?" David asks as he brushes a strand of hair from out of her face.

"Of course I will David, I'd be crazy not to." She replies with a smile on her face as she weakly holds onto him.

"Then let's get you taken care of and get you home safely okay?" He says before picking her up in his arms to carry her to the awaiting ambulance.

☽★☾