Chapitre 22

Chapitre 22

John was there that day, I saw him in my first class I have with him, and saw him staring as he always does at lunch. We never spoke though, there was no sneaking off and hiding in abandoned closets anymore. I knew he wanted to talk to me, and that I want to talk to him, telling him I'm going to be moving away. 

It was hard enough to think about, much less talk about. I wondered, as much as I did about moving, what was on John's mind, something about me probably, but still, what? Qu'est-ce? I couldn't force myself to talk to him, because I was tired from the night before, and worried for my future.

Yet I didn't see him that last hour, in class, which saddened me a bit. Even if we sat on other sides of the class, it meant something to me I guess. I loved him and all, even though everything, I still do. 

Bored as I was, and fearing my future with everything, and the one, that I love, I just sat there, staring at the black board where the teacher was writing. I hoped the class would finally end, so I could just leave and find John, where ever he had run off too, without me. 

The bell shouted through the speakers, and I hardly flinched at the sound. I was finally time to go home, which felt nice somewhat. I stood up from my desk, sighing, and pulled my books to my chest, holding them close to me. Being the last one out of the classroom, I was surprised to what I saw out there. 

I felt as though I should have known about this the whole time, now that people gave us slightly strange looks, and that John hasn't even made fun of the weird frenchie once that day, I could have expected something exposing his "love for me". I can tell you though, I did not expect this, pas d'un bit.

Blushing, I saw him, at the end of the hallway of course, from as possible from me really. The windows, with their cloudy sky's, lighted the hallway with the dim, grey lights. John's brown eyes looked at me, he almost smiled and then he began. 

I didn't know whether to smile, and laugh or cry and flick him off. So I just stood there, with surprise spead on my face like butter, and watched him. 

John strumed his guitar, loudly and infront of the huge crowd of kids. Girls screamed, crawling on him, asking if he was singing for them, but he didn't answer. All Lennon did was sing, and I knew it was for me. 

To know, know, know her

Is to love, love, love her

Just to see her smile

Makes my life worthwhile

Yes, just to know, know, know her

Is to love, love, love her

ANd I do and I do

And I do

I'll be good to her

I'll make love to her

Everyone says there'll come a day

When I walk alongside of her

Yes, just to know, know, know her

Is to love, love, love her

And I do and I and I do And I do

And I and I do and I and I do and I

Everyone in the long and crowded hallway was staring at him, girls wondering where he was going and me just standing at the end, wanting to turn the corner and run from this. I didn't I just waited, patiemment. John walked down the hallway, slowly towards me, people moving out of the way for him, and girls thinking he was coming for them.