CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Mulai dari awal

With my feet trudging along the murky grey water, the strong scent of garbage and shit mixed together formed a gut-wrenching smell as it lingered into the air and into my nose. Not to mention, I was covered in it.

As I continued me way down the hallways, I only begged for Frankenstein to be alright. With the events that seemed only a very short time ago, I remembered the night IT took me. Where I had dropped Frankie by accident. I hoped that IT didn't even think of laying his hands on him again. I remember my calls out my father, but were only met with the dark abyss of the hallway. The way I had frozen with fear as I was faced to face with Betty Ripsom. How I wished that Bill had been to my side.

If you need anything, I'll be here.

I repeated his words when I had saw him last, remembering each syllable on how he said it, trying to hear his voice louder within my head. But as I only tried for him to appear, to help me out as he said, no sight of him was to be seen. With my ankles covered deep within the sewers contents, each step became faster and faster as I was determined to get myself out. Heaving deeply in and out, a small patch of light came into view forward, making myself run towards it faster.

With ease slowly churning away as I had gotten closer, water began to splash onto my dress as I didn't care for the rotten smell anymore, or how murky the water I had been running in. I felt that as I got closer to light, I had a better chance of seeing my dad, Frankie, and my friends.

Making my way through the opening, I nearly stopped in my tracks as I noticed the scene in front. In the middle of the room, a large amount of old and abandoned toys had piled high against each other. The ceiling had been high upwards, the space poorly lit with the only light seeping through the top of the sewers.

My eyes widened, a gasp escaping my lips as I noticed the dozens of bodies that hung at different heights. All heads had faced upwards, different ages of kids ranging within the floating bodies. You'll float too. You'll float too. You'll float too.

All the pieces of the puzzle were now clear, the picture had been put together. It had been painted out onto a new freshly canvas. Everything had been linked together, and now it all made sense. Each and everyone of these kids were the ones who had been reported missing. The kids who had been profound dead.

I made my way besides the tattered clothes and dingy toys, my eyes glancing along the broken memories and haunted pasts that had been thrown deviously. I made my way around the piles of clothing, taking in each second as my eyes glanced far ahead of me.

My eyes met the all-to-familiar ball of fluff, my eyes widening as I saw Frankie near a broken Polaroid camera. With my legs pushing me towards him, I sprinted my way as a small smile found its way on my lips. Oh, he was okay. He's here with me, and that's all that matters.

My feet pounded against the puddles of the ground, Frankie not even taking a glance towards me at the abrupt sounds. Confused, I stopped in my tracks as I felt everything inside me crash. A thousand pound weight dropped onto my heart as I fell to my knees.

Frankie had not moved a muscle, his back facing towards me as I didn't see the familiar whip of his tail back and forth. No, I won't believe it. He's okay, I know he's okay.

"F-Frankie," I croaked around, my vision becoming blurry as my chin began to tremble.

"Fr-Frankie," I softly cried out, my hands reaching towards his lifeless body. With my hands meeting his body, I carried him into my lap as I let out a pained cry. I started to pet his fur, tightening my jaw as I tired quieting down my cries of pain.