CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER 2
ooii.
FRANKENSTEIN, WHERE DID YOU GO ?

__

MY EYES SCANNED the rows of milk that were kept refrigerated. As I walked slowly down the aisle of glass space, I spotted the one I've been looking for. Low-Fat Milk. Grabbing the carton, I headed down the aisles of food once again. As morning approached, I woke up to a milkless fridge. As for my father, he was already gone for work. Taking the responsibility in the household, I decided to go myself.

I stopped in front of the shelves with loads of candy, descending from chocolate to rich goods and sweet smelling candy. My mouth had already slightly watered from just a simple glance. But the voices of the small pocket change I had, I knew I wouldn't have enough. Maybe next time. Trudging along the aisle, I held onto the carton tight with my left hand, my right touching my camera.

With the object swinging with each step I took, I finally stood in front of the cashier. An older women stood before, stocking the piles of cigarettes behind her. I nearly cleared my throat for the women's attention. With a snapping head and small smile, I paid for the small carton of milk. Bidding a small 'have a good day', I headed out and towards my bike. Dropping the milk within the small basket of my yellow bright bike, I headed down the same streets once again.

As the wind seeped through my hair, I peddled faster so the moment wouldn't end. As I traveled down the roads, I slightly closed my eyes as I could already tell where I was going. I've seen these streets everyday, and I could say all of them if asked where to go. Never had I become lost within the neighboring sidewalks and houses. I felt the weight of everything that seemed to be dragging me down slowly release as I was now able to breath.

As I felt the wind around me, I could close my eyes and imagine myself within a cloud of comfort. That was, until I opened them. With the slow movement of opening my eyes, I nearly snapped out my daze. An abrupt twist was added as I pressed the handle brakes, my heart leaping as I saw the figure across from me. Skidding to a stop, I heave out the heavy breath I held in. Pushing a hair behind my ear, I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks as I was already embarrassed with the scene.

You nearly ran somewhere over, you idiot. Next time, try to keep your eyes open.

With apologies already barring my mind, I took a glance to the unknown stranger. They too, seemed to be out of breath. Their breath heaving in and out as their back was to me.

"I'm- really sorry with what happened. I-I wasn't paying any attention. I should've kept my eyes.. open." The last part stared slowly, turning into a quiet mumble, nearly smacking the top of my head as with what I just said sounded ridiculous.