Epilogue

Watching the Super Bowl on tv sucked. Harrison wished he and the Panthers could be there so badly. But in their place on top of the NFC this year were the Eagles.

Harrison hoped he'd be able to play another few years. He wasn't ready to be done, and his body other than his head was still physically capable of continuing to play. He loved the game so much and had been playing it for so many years that it had become part of him. He'd never be able to be separated from football. There was no way he could settle with being stuck watching games while he was still in his prime and could play. That meant his neurology appointments this summer were going to determine his future.

Carrie leaned against his shoulder. The other arm that wasn't being used to help prop Riley up against Luke's side, wrapped around Carrie. He pulled the blanket up around them before resting his hand on Carrie's back. In the event that he wouldn't be allowed to play football again, he'd have Carrie and Riley there for him. Sure he'd been an ass to her after tough games, but he was so thankful to have her in his life.

Carrie was amazing. She was his other half. The love of his life, his biggest fan, an awesome mother, and she stood by him and dealt with him when he was being stubborn, especially after tough games. Although he'd never shown his appreciation for all the times she poked and prodded at him after tough losses just to get him to talk to her, he couldn't see his life any other way.

"Dwada!"

He looked over at Riley who had been leaning against Luke and playing with her dolls. Now she was on all fours crawling towards him.

Harrison moved his arm from around Carrie to pick up Riley and set her on his lap. "How's my girl?"

She smiled when he held his hand out for her while supporting her with the other. Riley loved to play patty cake with his hands. She started patting her little hands against his, and laughing when she caught his right hand.

Riley loved to play with her daddy's fingers as well. She gripped at his thumb and index finger. "What are you trying to do there sweetheart?"

Harrison moved his hand to tickle her side. She started laughing and both he and Carrie smiled. Riley's laugh was adorable. It sounded so cute, and she smiled a lot like her mommy.

"Is daddy tickling you?"

She continued to laugh as Carrie stole her from her husband's lap. "I'll save you from the tickle monster."

"The tickle monster is coming for both of you," Harrison teased as he started to tickle Carrie as well.

With Riley in her lap, Carrie leaned back on the pillow while Harrison continued to tickle her. "Help me Riley!"

Riley grabbed Harrison's wrist, stopping his tickle attack long enough for Carrie to sit up. "Let's get him back."

As Carrie was about to go for his sides, Harrison stopped her progress by pressing a passionate kiss to her lips.

"I love you Carrie."

"I love you too Harrison."

He slipped in between Carrie and the back of the couch. "And daddy loves you too Riley."

Harrison put his arm around both of his girls and settled in with them to watch the rest of the game. He had only knew Carrie for nearly two years and Riley had come into their lives only a few months ago, but she and Carrie were by far the best things that had ever happened to him...