Chapter Thirtysix ~ Unedited

Tyler's POV

Jay had this glossy look over his eyes. They held so many mixed emotions but one stood out: Hope.

He was leaning against the door frame of his room, his black hair messily standing up in all areas. His golden eyes were glued onto the floor.

We all knew that these past few days had been so hard for him. He missed Scarlett dearly.

"Jay, your father wants to talk to us" i muttered, placing my hand onto his shoulder.

Jay slowly turned his face to me, there were dark bags under his eyes and his face was pale, but he smiled sadly and nodded his head, "Is it about tonight?"

We began to walk slowly, both of us afraid to get to the meeting room.

Tonight everything would go down. We were going to get Scarlett back tonight. The war we promised them after they crossed our land was about to happened. And we were both terrified.

I had never been in a fight before. Gram raised us to be the type of people to turn the other cheek if we ever get slapped. Gram was all about peace and love. But at this point all of that was impossible. We didn't have any other choice but to sacrifice a few lives in order to get Scarlett back.

"Yeah, they're going to go over the plans once more and you have to meet the Alpha of the Grim's pack" I responded.

The Grim's pack were a pack that was located right next to ours. Apparently they owed our pack a huge favor and I guess this was the huge favor. They were a small pack but their military strategies were extraordinary.

Jay nodded his head but paused once we were outside the door.

The room was quiet. So quiet that we could hear them breathing on the other side.

Jay gulped loudly but proceeded to open the door, allowing its hinges to creek loudly.

Everyone in the room turned to us, their eyes tired.

The atmosphere was heavy, I almost couldn't breath.

The room was filled with both women and men; the betas, the future betas, the third in commands, he future thirds in commands, along with their wives, and the elders.

Valeria (Jays mom) looked over at us and gave a frown, "Jay" she paused and looked over at Tom.

Jays face fell,"What?"

I could feel my heart racing within my chest, pounding loudly against my rib cage.

Tom walked over to us and placed a hand on Jay's shoulder before giving me a sympathetic look, "We got a message today by one of the rouges. They know about the attack. They've been spying on us. Ace wants to meet us tonight, near the river that flows as our border line."

Jay stood still but spoke in a low voice, "And if we don't go?"

Tom shook his head, "If we don't go, they'll kill Scarlett." Tom pulled his hand off his sons shoulder and dug through his pocket before handing Jay a picture. Its was a Polaroid picture.

I looked over to the picture and felt my stomach drop.

Scarlett was sitting on a chair, her head being held up high by a man holding onto her hair. Her arms were tied behind her back. Everything in the picture was so surreal. It had to be fake but her eyes. Her eyes were so distant. Almost as if she wasn't there. Almost as if she were dead.

"When?" Jay mumbled, his hand shaking with the picture.

"Tonight, but it could be a trap" one of the betas chimed in.

"Yeah its too risky Jay" Samuel muttered looking sadly at the ground.

Jay lowered the picture and for the first time i saw his eyes, they were glowing a bright gold. Anger and fear mixed in his eyes.

A terrible mixture of emotions.

"I'm going, you can either come with me or stay behind. I wont force any of you" he muttered before walking away.

I started at everyone before walking towards Jay.

When i finally caught up to him, his fist was against the wall. Their was a blood trail but as much as i knew he was trying to hold in his emotions.

Jay finally broke down sobbing. He fell, his back against the wall.

His sobs were low at first but then became louder.

I would've held my emotions together, but his sobs soon got to me. I felt tears began to roll down my cheek, leaving a cool trail behind.

A boy, who always had a strong nature and a smile on his face was now on the ground bawling his eyes out. His hands were shaking uncontrollably with fear.

"I promised her a life with happiness and protection" he sobbed out.

I couldn't do anything but watch. Watch as a young man who i looked up to brake apart.

"Its not fair. This isn't fair" he sobbed once again.

Life really is a cruel thing.

***
This chapter is so sad to me omg.

But thank you all for continuing to read and support me.

I love you all.

Until next time my lovelies.