h e a r m e

INSIDE Ben Hanscom's bedroom was a sight to behold

   INSIDE Ben Hanscom's bedroom was a sight to behold. That was the first thing that came to Calla's mind as she entered the room, the pale yellow wall paper was covered in all sorts of News clippings and records. Calla was in complete awe just as much as the rest of the kids who shortly entered afterwards.

   "Cool huh?" Ben smiled.

   Richie walked up to stand beside Calla who had her eye on one clipping, "No, nothing cool. Theres nothing cool." But Calla could easily tell from the boy's spot beside her; was also amazed at the walking museum which was of Ben's bedroom.

   "What's that?" Stan pointed to a piece of paper that had huge red circles surrounding a set of words.

   Ben moved closer to stand next to the group, "That? That's the charter for Derry's township."

   "Nerd alert." Richie snorted.

   Calla moved closer to the wall as she muttered, "Says the kid that gets straight A's."

   "Actually, it's really interesting. Derry started as a Beaver trapping camp." Ben informed.

   Richie interrupted as he glanced over at Eddie and Stan, "Still is, am I right, boys?"

   If Calla wasn't too busy trying to read the visuals that were about this town she would have snorted at the silence that followed after Richie's usual antics. Instead she multi-tasked as her brown almond shaped eyes followed the papers trying to make sense of them as Ben continued, "Ninety-one people signed the charter that made Derry. But later that winter, they all disappeared without a trace."

   Calla felt a shiver run down her spine.

   "The entire camp?" Eddie's voice wavered.

   "There were rumors of Indians...but no sign of attack." Ben answered.

   Calla shook her head not believing it to be the suspected race.

   "Everyone thought it was a plague or something." Ben went-on as Calla leaned her palms flat against Ben's dark wood dresser her eyes scanning over a black and white photo of majority men leaning over pages ready to sign.

   "But...it's like one day everybody just woke up and left." Calla swallowed the lump in her throat as she spotted one figure inside of the photo. It was the only figure that looked directly at its audience. It's eyes were significantly dark filled with a sinister look, a large head surrounded with curly hair. She knew that face all too well...Calla wondered if Ben noticed this figure in the photo as she turned her head. Her chin burying into her sticky skin of her shoulder as her eyes settled on Ben, "The only clue was a trail of bloody clothes leading to the well-house."