l e m o n a d e

JUNE

JUNE

   " MISS. Mayta...why am I not surprised to see you here in my office? It's the last day of school and yet you can't go a day without getting in trouble." Principal Brickland rested his hands against the table while the assistant Principal, Jimenez led Gretta Bowie out of the room.

   Gretta made sure to bump her shoulder hard with Calla's who didn't hesitate to turn around to go round two with the dirty blonde haired bully. However the school's security guard, Jim easily intervened by grabbing the fourteen year old by the shoulders to steer her further into the principal's office. Calla straightened out her suspenders before moving forward to take her famous seat in front of Principal Brickland.

   "Want to tell me why you're here?"

   Calla fought the urge to roll her eyes, "The both of us know why I'm here. I was defending myself against a real asshole."

   "Language, Miss. Mayta! It's not lady like to speak in such a tone."

   "And it's not nice for other people to pick on their classmates just for fun." Calla snapped back not throughly impressed with someone telling her to watch her mouth.

   Principal Brickland took a large inhale before saying one last thing then moved on, "Like how you are with Mr. Tozier? I meant to bring you into the office about that weeks ago."

   Calla's demeanor immediately went dark at the mention of the boy's name. She didn't think about the cameras in the hallways and she didn't care who saw. Most knew something went on that caused the two to no longer be friends anymore which speculated rumors between what happened. Only the two of them know why they're not the best of friends anymore. So Richie found himself with a new group of friends and Calla became a lone-wolf.

   "I don't want to talk about him." Calla hissed.

   Principal Brickland raised his hands in surrender, "Very well. But you are aware what I was hinting at, yes?" The pre-teen just folded her arms not bothering to say a thing.

"...Are things alright at home?"

Calla threw her head back in annoyance at this overused question. This was not the first time Calla had been in this office and it certainly wouldn't be the last. The principals already dedicated an entire period to Calla meeting with her counselor to talk about feelings and what she should do when she's feeling angry or sad. The problem was Calla didn't want to talk about anything. She wasn't depressed. She just wanted to get through school, make art, and go home that's it. She didn't care for the rest.