A Hunter's Gathering

A few days later the twins got wind from Wendy that all the hunters in town were gathering in the woods near Bill's statue. They were getting ready to leave when someone knocked on their door.
"Come in!" Mabel said as she quickly buried her gun in her backpack.
Ford stepped into the attic, he himself also had a bag.
"Uncle Ford, where are you going?" Dipper asked. Ford looked at their bags and chuckled.
"Same place as you, I imagine. Two intelligent young ones like yourselves. Not to mention all the scars."he said, gesturing towards the cuts on Mabel's legs and arms.
Mabel pulled down her sleeves." W-what are you talking about? "she asked.
Dipper shook his head." Mabel,... I think he knows. "he said. Ford nodded.
" Ms. Corduroy informed me. I too am a hunter of sorts. I have gotten too old for the chase, but I still collect data and information. To try to inform others who can use my information for  the betterment of the world." Said Ford.
"Come, We can go together." he said and he left the attic. The twins looked at each other in disbelief. Was the entire town a hunter?
They finished getting ready and went down stairs. Melody, Soos, and Stan must have been in bed because the house seemed empty.
The three of them got in the car and went off the the woods where they parked and started walking the rest of the way.
As they walked Ford tried to make small talk. "So, uh, how long have you two been hunters?" he asked.
Dipper kept his gaze straight ahead. "Two years. We left home after..." his voice broke. He hated talking about this. He looked at Mabel who looked back him. She gave him a a reassuring grin. Dipper took a breath and continued. "After our mom was killed."
Ford gasped. "I never heard about this." he said. "How did it happen? U-unless you prefer not to discuss the matter."
Mabel shook her head. "It's fine. It was a shifter. It took her place for about a week until we noticed something was wrong. When we confronted her... It about it's behavior it left, never to be seen again. Then these two men, brothers, came to our house and started asking questions. They said they were FBI, but Dad said they did not look like FBI, he said the taller one's hair was too long. When they left Dip and I followed them, hoping to find mom,..., well let's just say we found her. Not in the condition we would have hoped for. "she said. She tried to give a light chuckle as she tried not to cry. A tear rolled down Dipper's face.
" The two men were hunters, they were hunting the shifter. And since we followed, the shifter used us as hostages. They managed to save us, and when we exchanged names and stories they decided to train us." said Dipper, taking over the story. "They stayed in town for about three months and taught us everything. Occasionally leaving for a job. Then, we told dad that we were moving. We said the town had too many painful memories. We came back here to drop off Waddles then started our journey." he said.
Ford nodded." I am so sorry about your mom. You two are incredibly brave. " he said.
The rest of the way they walked in silence until they came to the statue where Wendy, Nate, Lee, Tambry, Robbie, Candy, Grenda, and Pacifica were sitting in a circle. A pile of weapons in the middle. Wendy walked up to them and splashed holy water on all three of them then put and iron rod to their faces.
"Ok, you guys are clean. Welcome, to Gravity Falls' own Hunter's Gathering."