Chapter 1

Starting short and sweet! Enjoy! <3

---------------

"She's tearing this family apart Brucey." Tony whined, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and a pout on his face.

"If you mean that, then why did you front the money for the offer?" Bruce shot back as he folded another shirt before putting it into the box on his bed and moving to get the next.

"Because I refuse to be left out. I'm still the favourite after all." Tony said smirking.

"Of course you are Tony." Bruce grinned back at his friend.

"I still don't get why you don't want to stay in the Tower." Tony frowned just the slightest.

"Because..." Bruce paused for a moment, holding his folded shirt. "I want to do this right. For the first time in my life I have the chance to be happy." Bruce placed the last shirt in the box.

"And it's all because of me. Now you can't leave me, you owe me too much." Tony pushed himself off the wall and looked around the bare room. Bruce already didn't have a lot of things so to deprave the room of what little it had made Tony somewhat sad.

"You're joking but, erh, it's really true. I do owe you everything Tony. I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me." Bruce smiled sincerely as he taped up the box.

Tony quickly waved him off. "Enough sappy stuff! What are we tweens? If you pull out a friendship bracelet I'm gonna barf."

The two men shared knowing glances, nothing more needed to be said and Tony wasn't going to allow anymore sentimentality seep through into the air.

It didn't take long for all boxes to be packed into the car, Bruce was use to living light, he barely owned anything and to wave goodbye to Tony and to his life in the Tower. Bruce had come so far since he moved into the Tower, his current life was definitely a step up from hitchhiking along roads and staying at cheap and questionable motels. He could hardly believe it. Robert Bruce Banner was finally about to have it all. A wife, (he planned on it soon) and a child and a home. He was going to have a normal life. Everything his mother wanted for him.

The smallest wave of dread crossed Bruce's mind when he thought about his father, thought about the slim percentage that he would in fact end up just like the man but he quickly dismissed those thoughts. Never. Bruce was going to do this right. Even though he had no role model surely the fact that he loved his son so much means that he's already a better father. Bruce intended to be the best father he could be. He already missed so much time, he wasn't about to miss anymore.

Parking his car, Bruce made his way to his new home, he walked into the living room and watched as Lara directed two men on where to put a couch. When they safely put it down and left to get the next piece of furniture he approached Lara from behind, circling his arms around her waist.

"It's no cottage in the woods." Bruce said, lips pressed against her neck as he spoke.

"Well l think it's perfect." Lara responded with a soft smile, the soft popping of bubble wrap and small giggles could be heard in the background. "I never thought I'd have this you know?" She continued. "I was gonna be happy being a hermit forever.

Bruce hummed in acknowledgement. "And now you're in the heart of the city with two beautiful children."

"Bruce I'm not pregnant."

"Not yet." He squeezed her and nipped at her neck. After all, why else would he have insisted on that extra bedroom.