chapter 2

Chapter 2

Placing my hands on my hips, I arched an eyebrow expectantly."So whats this plan of yours?" People sitting in the booth in front of us shot us odd looks out the corner of their eyes. Well I couldn't exactly blame them since Alex and I both had our faces pressed up to the glass looking at the bright orange sign.

"We're going to scare all those Wattpad people away." He said with and air of bravado.

"Cause of course we're not going to get arrested from that." Glancing down at my watch, it read 11:52. So we still had some time. Picking up our tray, I dumped it into the garbage.

"Its fool proof!" He smiled cockily at me. I rolled my eyes and headed back out to the car. He came out a few seconds later,"I see that you do not believe me."

"Of course I don't." I replied immediately.

"Ouch much? You didn't have to be so blunt." He placed his hand over his chest faking hurt."Well if you think my plan sucks so much, do you have a plan?" I snickered incredulously.

"Are you kidding me? I'm Kaylee Radke, I always have a plan." He leaned back not the hood of the car staring at me expectantly."Surprise me."

"We're taking down the sign." Though I wouldn't admit it, I actually had no idea at all.

"We're taking down the sign?" He gave me a blank stare."Cause that is so much better than my idea."

"Well if we take down the sign, they won't know where to go." I smiled triumphantly, glad that my random plan actually made some sense.

He agitatedly rubbed his temples."You know you're hopeless right? They would've posted where they were meeting on the website right?"

"Easy. We tell Angelica to hack into it to range the meeting place." I smirked, knowing that had already won this conversation."Okay, we're going back now and I'm driving."

Alex glared down at the floor, not the least bit happy that he had lost."If I find one scratch on her, I'll chop off your head and feed it to the little kitties outside."

I rolled my eyes."Oh please, I'm a pro driver." He grumbled something like I doubt it under his breath. Sliding into the driver seat, I turned no the engine. The car purred to life under my fingertips. Alex follow suit by slipping into the passenger side. Backing out of the parking lot, I drove onto the street. Then a black blur flashed in front of the car, I abruptly turned to the side to avoid hitting it. I momentarily lost control behind the wheel. The car tires squealed in protest as I skidded to the side.

"I though you said you were pro at driving!" Alex huffed out angrily, his hands grasped so tightly on the seat that his knuckles were turning white. Ignoring him, I clambered out of the car. I saw a guy sprawled on the pavement, his face covered by a mop of black hair.

"Are you okay?" I rushed over to him, kneeling beside him. I held two fingers to his neck. Okay good, he still had a pulse. Then his eyes fluttered open, a groan escaping from his mouth.

"I am so sorry! I didn't see you there! I--"

He abruptly cut my sentence short. He glared at me, his silver blue yes glittering with annoyance."Will you shut up for a second? You're making my headache even worse." He tenderly touched his head before pulling back wincing. I frowned worriedly, he was awfully pale.

"Here, come with me. You look kinda pale."

"Why would I come with you? You nearly ran me over!" He bit back angrily, getting up. He dusted off his pants still glaring at me. Now that I saw, he looked somewhat close to my age--eighteen.

"Is the twerp giving you trouble?" Alex's voice came from behind me. He had a glare planted on his face as he stared at the guy distastefully. 

"Alex." I sighed."Don't be so mean. He almost got ran over, he's just feeling kinda shaky--thats all."

"I am not feeling shaky!" He declared, grumbling angrily.

"What's your name twerp?" Alex narrowed his eyes, a scowl etched on his face. He kept on blowing his long hair from his eyes-- which was something whenever he was mad.

"Logan Ryder." Logan crossed his arms over his well defined chest, glaring abc at Alex.

"Cut it out you two. You." I jabbed a finger a Logan."You're coming with us. And you." I turned to give Alex a serious look that meant business."Be nice."

"Yes boss." He ran his hand through his hair a couple of times, giving Logan the evil eye not bothering to hits his hatred towards him.

I got back into the driver seat but Alex caught hold of my arm."What do you think you're doing?"

"Driving?"

"No, you are not driving. Not after you almost drove someone over. I'm never letting you drive again."

I huffed."Fine, be that way."