Meeting the Family

Start from the beginning

“I don’t like you being without me, you need someone to protect you…”

“I’ll do it.” Everyone in the room turned to look at Kol, stunned. “What? You said you wanted us to get along, what better way than hanging out for 2 days together? Besides, I’ve been in a box for hundreds of years, I don’t really understand all this daddydom, little, ddlg whatever stuff, Scarlet can teach me about it. I don’t care about seeing you drop our parents into a volcano anyway.” To say everyone was shocked would be an understatement.

“You understand that you actually have to watch over her right? I doubt she’ll actually regress with me gone however I still worry, please Kol, this is not a joke?”

Kol seemed to realize how serious his brother was and decided not to make a joke, simply nodding. “I get it, you love her, I’ll take care of her. What do you mean regress? She’s not going to act little without you here?”

“I doubt it, maybe. She’s comfortable in her little headspace usually but she also can act like an adult when she has to. It’s probably better that way since you don’t know how to care for her when she’s needy, sometimes she’s a real brat.” He teased and I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Alright, then we’ll be fine.”

We were not fine.

It was quite awkward between us for the first day, though we worked it out, ordering pizza and watching harry potter.

It was the second day anything really fun happened. Kol had come into Klaus’ room to wake me up and found me snuggled in a pile of stuffies. “Wow…you have a lot of stuffed animals.” I shrugged.

“All together 12, most of them from the Disney store or build a bear, though daddy got me this wolf from a different store cause it looks like him when he’s a wolfie. Then we got these matching bears, it’s a joker and Harley Quinn bear. We have an ongoing joke that I’m the Harley Quinn to his Joker, we even have rings, see.” I showed him my Harley ring and he was looking at me oddly. “Then I have stitch and toothless stuffies too cause they’re my favorite Disney characters.”

“Oh Jesus, Klaus said you wouldn’t regress without him…but he also said not to snap you out of it…um…how would you like your uncle Kol to take you to make a bear?” I grinned and jumped from the bed, hugging him tightly around the neck and hopping in place. “Who knows, maybe it’ll get you back to normal. Get dressed.” I ran off to the bathroom and took a fast shower, quickly changing into my wolfie tank top and black skinny jeans, pulling on a pair of Osiris’ and running down the stairs, waiting by the door for uncle Kol. “How long have you been standing there?” He asked when he descended the steps.

“10 minutes. Let’s go!” I opened the door and ran to his car, hopping in and turning up the music as he drove towards the next town where the mall was. We made small talk for a while and I seemed to entertain him.

“You’re actually kind of adorable like this, I guess Klaus was right.”

“Daddy’s always right. You should always listen to daddy.” I grinned as he parked and stepped out of the car.

“He’s my brother, what kind of annoying little brother would I be if I listened to him?” I shrugged.

“Not a good one?” He touched his nose as if to say ‘exactly’ and we made our way to Build-A-Bear. “We’re Here!” I cheered and he laughed as I ran around trying to find which bear I wanted. I had gotten a toothless bear here so I wanted the set, they also had Stormfly and Hookfang. “Which one uncle Kol?” I asked and he looked at them for a moment.

“The red one.”

“Hookfang!” I grinned and he looked like he wanted to laugh but restrained himself. I had just finished stuffing it when uncle Kol’s phone rang as we made the birth certificate.