Prolouge

I lie awake in my bed, i've had trouble sleeping for the past month or so, so this has become a part of my regular nightly routine. I decided to make a cup of tea in hopes that it would make me tired enough to doze off for a few hours at most. I went to get a mug out of the cupboard, but I couldn't find any, which was weird, despite doing and putting away the dishes just hours earlier. I went back to my room and lay awake, trying my hardest to fall asleep. I couldn't.
    Around 4:30 in the morning, I decided I should start to get ready because I had lost all hope in falling unconscious. I wondered if I was ever going to get a good night's sleep. I     groggily walked into my bathroom and decided to take a cold shower. Maybe that would wake me. Alas, to my surprise, my water had been shut off by the county due to me not paying my bill. I suppose I should have tackled that growing pile of envelopes. My procrastination has gotten out of hand. I racked my brain for something to do, and I decided on walking up to the local coffee shop to get a strong cup of coffee. I got dressed, and walked out the door.
    For a moment, I forgot where I was going. That was weird in itself, but what was weirder, was the fact that I was going to a coffeehouse at 4.45 in the morning. My life has been crazy  lately. I finally found my way to the place where I was going, and I tried to open the door but it was locked. That wasn't weird. I decided on walking back to my home and trying to fall asleep. I knew it was never going to happen but if I could just squeeze even 5 minutes in, I would be as happy as a man who had just won the lottery. I crawled into my bed and under my stack of blankets and to my surprise, I fell asleep! I was so grateful that this was happening. I couldn't believe that this was happening, it was the strangest thing. Someone could even call it weird. My dreams were filled with marvelous visions of tea and the mugs I had lost just earlier before. I could not believe it.
    It was weird.
    I awoke hours later and was reminded of my horrible morning. I went into the bathroom to wash my face and my water was still shut off. Somehow I found myself outside. It was insane. I saw myself wandering to my musty garage, where my mother had died when I was just 9 years old. And the weirdest thing? I saw myself laying down on the cold and uninviting concrete. And falling asleep. I lay there for hours. I remember trying to sleep. I couldn't. I wondered how and why I decided to come out here. I hadn't visited this place in years. I couldn't believe what was happening. Why did I want to do this? Why did I think it was a good idea? Most of all, why had no one wondered where I was? I knew my mother had died when I was 15. I knew I lost all my friends after I became sick. I knew all my neighbors were old and frail. I hadn't seen a person in real life since I was 18. Me deciding to go to the coffeehouse was weird enough. I couldn't believe what was happening. Was I finally becoming better? Everything was so weird. No, not weird. Bizarre. Insane. Supernatural, even.