Chapter 4: Warning Signs

LOOK AT THESE BEANS (my dog is the one in the middle; the little fluff ball)

I hope you all had a great thanksgiving (unless you don't celebrate it)

Thoughts rapidly ran through your head as you recalled the recent memories. The delicious steak and potatoes remained untouched and cold upon the wooden dining table, which displeased your mother as she continued to cut up the stake into edible bits.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Mom pointed her fork to the plate in front of you.

"I'm not really that hungry..." You sigh.

"Well, why don't you wrap up the food for later and take a walk? I know it's been a very few stressful days for you." She gently rubs your back with sympathy.

"Fine. I'll bring my phone just in case."

You put on your maroon colored "Stop Stressing Meowt" sweatshirt and a pair of black converse to keep warm. Mom looks at you with pity and mouths the words "Stay Safe."

The streets remained quiet, as usual. Darkness slowly covers the Earth by the second. The Dark was your biggest fear, so you decided to go to your childhood favorite park, 'Birchwood's Edge.'

Laughter and happiness was growing contagious around the park the closer you walked to it. Time seems to have froze when your (e/c) eyes laid upon the legendary 'Mark Edward Fishbach'.

Ok, I'm probably on drugs or something...

Ignoring the fact that Markiplier could possibly be right in front of you next to his van, you continue to walk faster across the cement parking lot.

"Hey you with the cat shirt!" Mark yells waving his hands around.

You slowly turn your head to meet his eyes looking deeply into yours. There he stood...Mark looked actually kind of nervous and frightened at the sight of you. Ouch...

"Would you like an exclusive 'Deer Man' jacket?" Mark used weird hands gestures while he holds up the item.
"Sure!"
"Well come inside my van and I'll get it."
Two steps into the van. Mark hands you the jacket and continues to sell other of his clothes...along with Ethan's shower curtains.

You walk away with the new jacket cuddled in your arms.

How was I so calm around him?

You walk home with the chilly breeze waking up your spine. Figures walk behind you silently, but you figure it was some hallucinations. They started to whisper to one another.

HAHA! NO THANKS!

You ran. Your legs sprinted home faster than you could have thought you could go. Snow fell across the night sky and sticks to your sweatshirt. The sky was darker than before, only making light shine from the neighbors' windows. You finally made it to the house. The wooden door slammed shut and startled mother.

"(Y/n)! Don't slam the door!" She yelled.

"Sorry."

Mom placed her phone and wallet in her pocket and walked towards you.
"I have to work the night shift because I certain *cough* *cough* you know was 'sick'." She rolled her eyes.

You knew who she was referring to. That little turnip, Kyle Richardson. He was mom's boyfriend in college, but it turns out that he was also dating another girl which happens to be his wife that he married a few months ago.  Now, he's a famous (C/N)s Got Talent star.

Anyway, mom gave you a kiss on the cheek and went to the Art Studio. If you already didn't know, mother works at an Art Shop that sells art supplies and allows employees or customers to paint clay-hardened figures.

Once she shuts the door, the atmosphere just got a whole lot darker by the second. Crap..