Jonathan Byers---Late💓

"You'll find him-we'll find him." You assure Jonathan once more, that his brother was indeed going to be okay and that he was fine and probably just ran off somewhere. You place your hand in his and scoot closer to him where you sit on the edge of his bed together.

You smile sweetly but the clock hanging on his wall catches your eye.

"Shit. My mom will be pissed if I don't take my sister to karate." You hurriedly pack up your school bag, notes off the floor, and try to beat the clock.

"I'll see you tomorrow... English buddy." You smile softly and he smiles back.

You turn to leave but he stands and stops you,

"Meet me outside the school after last bell, if you're free." He says, touching your arm slightly.

You look to him and give him a slight nod.

You had been hanging out a lot together and even called yourselves boyfriend and girlfriend but it never quite seemed like it. It was more of a a really good friendship but you loved him either way.

He paused a moment and leans in
close to you and presses a firm, gentle kiss onto your lips.

You smile against his lips and pull away after a nice moment.

"That was-"

"Late." He cuts you off with a chuckle. "See you tomorrow." He adds.