I: Shopping, Matt and Friends; and Five Someone's

A/N: Pictures in this story will be the characters in the chapter, in order of appearance in the chapter :P

“Can I go; Faith?” my little brother; Austin mumbled. I was going out shopping; and for some deranged reason, he wanted to come along.

“Faith, take your brother. It’ll be nice to get him out of the house,” my mother instructed.

Sighing, I gave in. “Fine. Grab your jacket; Austin, we’re leaving.”

Cheering quietly, he rushed to find a jacket.

“It’s nice to see you trying to bond with him; Faye,” my older brother chimed, wrapping me in a hug.

“Ryan!” I exclaimed, hugging him tighter. Ryan was eighteen, and had just come home from university for the summer. There’s only a one year age difference between the two of us, versus the nine year one between Austin and I.

“Well, Austin and I are going shopping. You can tag along if you want; Rye,” I offered.

Shaking his head and letting out the slightest chuckle, Ryan answered. “Shopping with my seventeen-year-old shoe obsessed sister and video game crazed kid brother? No thanks; Faith. But I’ll be here when you guys get back.”

“Ryan’s coming shopping with us?” Austin beamed. He looked up to his older brother for some reason. Most people think it’s cute, but I find Austin’s fascination with Rye leaning towards borderline creepy.

“No, I’m not; bud,” Ryan muttered, trying so hard not to look Austin in the eye. Because when Ryan looks Austin in the eye; Austin always gets what he wants. It was the same way when Rye and I were kids. Whenever we’d argue, I’d just pull the puppy-dog eyes, and I got whatever it was I wanted. Austin inherited that trait- and his captivating blue eyes- from me.

“Please; Ryan,” Austin whined. He nearly idolizes Rye, and because we only see him during the holidays, Austin likes to spend as much time with him as possible.

“Fine,” Ryan sighed, giving into those eyes; much like I had. “Damn you and those eyes,” he muttered. Once Rye grabbed his jacket, we were good to go.

“Mom!” I yelled. “Austin, Rye and I are going out!”

“Okay! Have fun guys!” she called back, and we took that as our signal to leave.

“So what have you been up to? Liking university?” I questioned as Ryan drove to the nearest mall.

“Oh, yeah. Lots of fun. Too many parties though, can barely keep up with schoolwork,” he murmured absentmindedly, focusing more on the roads than what he was saying.

“How you liking Grade 12? Any cute guys?” he asked jokingly. I’m the good girl at school: perfect grades, perfect friends; except I don’t have the perfect boyfriend. He’s actually far from it, but that’s what I love about him. Matt is what you’d call your typical “bad boy.” Leather jacket, motorcycle, not nearly the brightest; cigarettes, tattoos, cusses nearly every other word. But he loves me, and I’ve always been attracted to the darker, more mysterious, brooding type; which describes Matt to a T.

“You haven’t met Matt yet; have you?” I wondered.

“Matt? Nope, don’t think so. But I’m going to meet him this summer, right; Faye?” Ryan mused.

Laughing, I nodded. “Sure, you’ll meet him.”

“I don’t like Matt,” Austin spoke up from the backseat. “He’s scary.”

“Is he now?” Ryan inquired, shooting me a look.

“Yeah. He drives a bike, and he’s got tattoos, and he smokes more than Popeye,” Austin announced, though he looked quite frightened.