Falling For The Girl Across The Street (girlxgirl)

Preface

                       "Kali!"

                       I jerked my head up from my laptop to see my best friend, Lunette, more affectionately known as Lune, standing on the side walk underneath my window.

                       Currently, I was in the middle of some major writers inspiration and typing away at some story details on my computer. Sitting on a toy box next to my second-story window was generally where I got most of my ideas, so I was sitting there with my laptop in my lap.

                      "Hey Lune!" I called back, shifting slightly as I waved down to the dark brunette.  Honestly, Lune was a bit of a try-hard. She took at least one hour a day to get her hair to look like that 'scene' hairstyle and has recently become obsessed with hell-kitty.

                     All of this came from my showing her a few pictures of some scene girls, since she didn't know what they were. And well, it all sort of went down-hill from there...

                    "Come on down! I want to introduce you to my new neighbor!"

                     I sighed and placed down my laptop. But just as I was about to get up, a new figure came into view, making me catch my breath.

                    A girl, probably my age, walked over to Lune and stood next to her, glancing up in my direction. Immediately, I ducked to the side so that she was not able to see me, but I would still see her relatively clearly.

                  "Oh..." I murmured quietly, watching the girl with curiosity. She was...beautiful, to say the least. Her pitch black hair falling over her shoulders with a slight wave, reaching approximately the middle of her back. At such a distance, it was difficult to see her  eyes, but I was already sure that they would be just as beautiful, nonetheless.

                 Steadily, I started to get my breath back. "Alright..." I called down, my face already starting to heat up from the girl looking at me. "I'll...I'll be down in a second..."  After that, I closed the window and rushed down the stairs, tripping on my way down and landing on my butt. I winced in pain, ignoring the teasing from my step-father saying that I needed to learn how to walk right. For some reason, recently walking had become a bit of an issue for me. I was starting to have more and more trouble recently at putting one foot in front of the other without falling down. But I refused to focus on something like that right now, I had a beautiful girl waiting outside for me.

                I've actually known that i was bisexual for a while now, which is why having these thoughts didn't really bother me all that much. It's probably been about three years since I've realized it, since I was thirteen, and I'm pretty much fully out of the closet by now. It was a relatively long process, which was pretty hard, but definitely worth it in the end. Sure, there were a few people that treated me different now, but not anyone that I really cared about. My friends didn't mind, and didn't really treat me any differently. Well, except Danica. She basically teased me about it constantly, nothing bad, but it did get a bit annoying sometimes.

               Danica was the one that I went to about everything. Even though she was making fun of me most of the time, she never failed to make me feel better about whatever was bothering me. Just to make this clear though, even though she's pretty and really nice and stuff, I do not feel anything for her like that....Just want to make that clear...

               Once I got to the front door, I slowed down my pace to a steady walk. Last thing I wanted was to look stupidly  eager while going across the street.

              "Hey!" I called, plastering a smile on my lips. 

               Both the girl and Lunette looked up from their conversation and Lunette ran over. "Kali!" she grinned and threw her arms around my shoulders, immediately using me for support. "This is Arianna, my neighbor." After gesturing to Arianna, who stood awkwardly across from me, she pointed across the street to another house.

              After a moment of looking at me, Arianna seemed to soften up a bit and e shot me a smile, making my face immediately heat up again, though I tried to pay as little attention to it as possible.

              Lune let go of me and grabbed my hand and Arianna's, putting them together and moving up and down, making us shake hands. "Kali, Arianna! Arianna, Kali!"

              I'm sure my face only got hotter after that and I forced a soft smile onto my lips, embarrassed. She also smiled and then seemed to hurry to let go of my hand. That thought made me flinch as I realized just how uncomfortable she seemed to be around me. Did I do something wrong? I frowned slightly, though quickly covered it up with another smile as Lunette gave me an odd look.

              Even afterwards, when we were talking normally, walking up and down the street, I was still able to feel a faint blush on my cheeks. Not to mention that I could still  feel the heat from her hand against mine.

             And when we separated, to go back to our own houses, I was still acting awkwardly around her and trying my best to make a good impression. She though, had mostly stopped acting awkwardly and actually seemed to be a pretty out-going, confident person. It surprised me a bit, the change in her character in only an hour or so.

            When I was at home, later, trying to allow myself to fall asleep, her face lingered in my mind. I put it off as just worrying about whether we were going to get along or not. I tended to do that a lot, being the pretty much introverted person I am. I was always worrying about how a person and myself would get along and how much they were going to like me. I was just too stupid to realize at this moment, that this was going to be a completely different situation...

          Soon enough, I was able to fall asleep. Little did I know just how influential this meeting would be on the rest of my life.