Mistakes And Matches.

Start from the beginning

"Awesome." She sighed.

So did Chris. "Indeed."

Lucie huffed. "Okay, I'm just going to make a quick call and I'll help you, alright?"

Chris raised an eyebrow. "You have a phone, now?"

Lucie shook her head. "Not really." She grinned and walked out of the living room, heading upstairs to the attic. She perfectly knew she was breaking a rule by doing so, but she wanted to make sure Jace was back home so she threw a coin in the air and called for Iris, asking the goddess to show her Jace Wayland. The goddess hesitated for a little while before acquiescing to her request. Lucie bit her bottom lip and waited.

Alec frowned at the sight of a rainbow appearing in the middle of the infirmary. Jace sat up, trying not to wince as a small smile appeared on his lips.

"Hey." Lucie spoke, smiling back.

"Hi." Jace let out in a hoarse voice and cleared his throat.

"You're back home."

"You kept your words."

"I'm glad."

"So am I."

"Awkward." Alec muttered under his breath before clearing his throat. "I'm gonna leave, 'cause whatever that is," He gestured at the rainbow screen "I can't be here anymore." He said and rolled his eyes, before heading to the door.

"Well, I just, I wanted to make sure you were fine. What happened ?" She asked.

"Nothing." He shrugged. "I'm all good."

"Is this lie true?"

Jace chuckled. "I'm fine. I promise you."

Lucie sighed. "I'm going to believe you." She narrowed her eyes. "I think."

Jace chuckled. "Well take it or leave it but it's all I have to give you." He shrugged, mentally suppressing a wince. "And you? Is everything okay?"

Lucie nodded. "Yeah. I'm..." She paused. "I'm great." She smiled. "Kinda in the middle of something right now, but great."

"I think I found something!" Chris said as he stepped inside the attic. "Oh. Hi?" He said, gesturing at the misty screen and waved awkwardly.

Jace furrowed his brows. A rather dry "Hi." nonetheless left his mouth.

"Well, I'm gonna, I'm gonna go." Lucie said. "Now that I, know that, you're fine."

Jace nodded. "Sure. Yeah. I'm glad you're fine as well."

"And I, I am going to leave 'cause I obviously interrupted something." Chris said, before gesturing to the door.

"Don't. It's fine. It's your house." Lucie said. "Besides, I'm done."

Chris nodded. "Well, then. Let's go back downstairs, I left the book in the kitchen. So I could look into it and still keep an eye on Wyatt."