Paramis' Academy Of Mystiques

New Beginnings

I stood in line avoiding the attention from anyone. If I even look in anyones direction I would have to deal with them. I moved along the line with my tray of food. I payed the lunch lady and cautiously turned around I've learned my lesson from before.

I shuddered at the memory. I had swiftly turned with my tray of food to find a football player standing there and accidently spilled my food on his back. I swear it was an accident, though I don't regret doing it. I do regret getting locked up in the freezer though. It was freezing, it took hours to finally regain feeling in my toes.

I was brought back from my flashback when I felt something slimy falling from my head. I looked up to see Brooke, head cheerleader, she had straight blonde hair, blue mischievous eyes, and a smirk on her face.

I was so used to this but for some reason I felt anger rush through my veins. I glared at Brooke, I blocked out the laughter from my peers.Brooke was standing there with that big smirk on her face tthat I so desperately wanted to smack off. I started shaking with rage and watched slowly as Brooke's smirk started to wear off and fear took over.

I snapped the tray in my hands in half, and smirked as i saw Brooke cowering away from me, but no she will not get off that easy. Not after all she's done to me over the years. I looked to a nearby table and watched as a tray full of food lifted up in the air and spilled on Brooke.

Her reaction was priceless. Her facial expression was one of shock.

To sum it all up she looked like she'd just been dumped into a pool of pig slop. I looked around the room to see the many faces of shocked and fearful students. I found it quite amusing. Even as I was being dragged out of school by campus security, and shoved into the passenger seat of his black SUV which I am now finding suspicious.

He sped out of the school parking lot and into the highway. I decided now would be a good time to ask him what the heck was going on!

"Yo, wh--" he lifted up his hand for me to be quiet and pulled a phone out of his pocket. He pushed speed dial and put the phone to his ear within a second someone on the other line answered.

"Chris it happened I need you to send someone down to the school ASAP."

I could hear Chris say something back, though I couldn't make out what he said.

"Yeah, she's right here...I'm on my way now." He looked over at me as he hung up the phone.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked calmly after what I just did back at school I felt invincible.

He looked at me before answering, "We are going to Paramis' Academy of Mystiques." I nodded and just looked out the window.

"How far is it?" I asked looking out at the landscape passing us by rather quickly.

"About two hours." I didn't say anything this time.

The ride to the academy was a silen one until about an hour before we arrived. I just had so many questions I needed answers to and for now the only person who could give me answers was the guy sitting next me which by the way I still don't know what his name is. I sighed quietly before shifting in my seat to look at him. He looked at me from the corner of his eyes.

"So...uh.."

"Adam." he said still looking at the road.

"Right,Adam. So this Academy of Mystiques, what is it exactly?"

He still didn't look at me as he spoke. "Well Starlet, Paramis' Academy of Mystiques is for kids with special abilities like yourself."

"Oh. Wait how did you know my name?"

"We all know your name Starlet, we've been watching and waiting for you for a while now." Adam said matter-of-factly.

"Really? Why?"

He shrugged, "Don't really know, but Paramis told us someone very important was coming and that person just happens to be you. We were just waiting for you to be ready."

"For me to be ready?" I asked.

"Yeah for when you finally realized you were a Mystique. That's how all Mystiques all brought to the Academy. We all wait for them to be ready. You are the first in a while, you know."

"Really? Who was the last one to come and when?" I asked curiously.

"The last to come was Jayden a few years back." He said as he turned on a road.

"How old was he when he was 'ready'?" I asked emphasizing the word ready.

"He was about 12."

"12? What age are Mystiques usually ready?" I asked a bit shocked. Knowing me if I would have found out I was a Mystique at age 12 I'd freak.

"They are usually ready around their teens. Really just around the time we stop aging. Jayden was really young when he started to find he was a Mystique." Adam said rather sad. Does he know Jayden? I thought. He must be pretty close to Jayden to sound like that, right?

"When do we stop aging?" I asked after i thought of what he said.

"When we turn 17. Others sometimes look a bit older but yeah at 17."

"What? Wow. How long have Mystiques been around?" I asked surprised.

"They've been around since forever I guess you can say. We really try to keep a low profile. Sometimes someone will reveal us to humans and we have to take care of them." Adam said with a grave expression.

"Oh that sounds bad." I said nervously I wouldn't want to be 'taken care of'.

"Yeah it is." he said inferring that he won't let out anymore on the subject.

I was quiet while we drove the rest of the way up to the Academy.

SO how'd you guys like it please leave feedback in the comment section below.

Please

FAN

COMMENT

VOTE

THANKZ

=D

Picture of Starlet to the right.