Hard & Complicated

I woke up in my bed, alone. Jayden wasn't in the room, at all. He wasn't in the bathroom or in the closet, just not there. It brought me overwhelming pain to know this.

I actually couldn't believe he would do this. After all I had stayed by his bedside for three days. Maybe I'm just overreacting here a bit, but I can't help it.

I decided I should actually go downstairs and get some breakfast before class. It's Monday and I had been in that room all weekend. It's about time I came out, and who knows I might find Jayden on the way.

The academy had been quiet all weekend long, and I later learned that most everybody goes into the nearby town for the weekends. I hadn't planned on going either way.

I heard voices as I reached the dining room.

"She is your soul mate! Why don't you just accept that!" I heard Adam yell from the dining room.

"Look who's talking to me about soul mates! The guy who gave up waiting for his!" Jayden yelled back.

"That's different. You! You've found yours and you're just going to throw it all away!"

"Look it's not your concern what I do with my life anymore. Me and Starlet can't be together, end of story."

The sound of a chair being dragged on the floor alerted me that someone was coming. I turned on my heel, losing my appetite instantly, and ran back to my room. Tears streamed down my face at the heartache I felt.

My heart felt like it was yanked out of my chest, thrown on the floor, and stomped on continuously. I never knew rejection could hurt so much.

I ran into the room, my hair flying behind me as I threw myself on my bed. I cried into my pillow what felt like all day. I had soon cried myself to sleep eventually.

When I awoke it was about dinner time, which meant I missed a whole day of school. I had no intention on going down for dinner, though I hadn't eaten well in days.

I grabbed my music player from on top of my dresser and stuffed the earphones in my ears. The music blared through my ears making me feel more at home even if it felt like I was empty inside.

Jayden hadn't come back throughout the enter day. He's avoiding me I suppose and as much as it hurts me I'd rather not see his face right now.

"All right folks Thursday and Friday we'll be out on the field practicing." Our slender teacher announced.

I could barely keep my eyes open enough to concentrate. I wasn't able to sleep well last night. I kept tossing and turning through out the night.

I was hurting and it didn't help that I had to sit next to a sleeping Jayden.

The teacher dragged on about how combining fire and wind elementals a certain way you could create a tornado.

"Alright class I shall see you tomorrow, hopefully well rested." He threw me and Jayden a pointed look as class ended.

I tiredly walked out of the class and started heading towards my room where my comfy bed awaited me.

I passed by the other students heading out of the class. Before I could get out and away from the crowd I was tumbling down to the floor face first. I had been tripped and it was no accident.

Through my tired state I wasn't able to put my hands out, so my face had taken the hit. I sat up and looked back at who had tripped me. Steph. Of course, who else would it be.

I felt warm liquid trickle down from my throbbing nose. I put my hand up to touch, when I pulled my hand back to examine it, it was smeared with blood.

"You call yourself a Mystique? You can't even walk right." Steph sneered at me.

I put my hands up to stop the bleeding, my eyes stung with tears as I the pain worsened.

I got up and ran to my room, my hands still clutching my nose. As I reached my room I crashed into Jayden who was just exiting the room.

Shock flashed on his face as tingles erupted where our bodies touched. He stepped back, about to yell at me, when he saw my face.

"What? What happened to your face!? You're bleeding!"

I shoved past him. Why would he care. He's the one who didn't want me.

I rush towards the bathroom, just as I'm about to shut the door a foot stops it. Jayden opens it and comes in. He sits me down on the edge of the bathtub. Then he grabs a hand towel, wets it a little, and walks back to me. He starts helping me clean up my bloody face, lifting my head back to stop the bleeding. Throughout this whole thing he doesn't say a word to me and he won't look me in the eye.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" He sat me down on my bed.

"Why do you care!?" I snapped at him.

He sighed, "Fine, don't tell me. I'm just going to assume you're an idiot who walked into a wall."

"Whatever." I muttered, hurt that he had called me an idiot. No! I don't care! I hate him.

I stood up attempting to grab a new shirt that didn't have blood stains, but Jayden pulled me back on the bed.

"Would you just tell me?"

"Not until you tell me why you care so much." I answered stubbornly.

"Look, I don't need this right now so either you tell me now or I will walk out that door and never come back."

I narrowed my eyes, "You're bluffing."

He narrowed his own eyes, "Do you really want to test me?"

We stared at each other for a few moments until I finally backed down. "Fine Steph tripped me in the hall. Happy!?"

"She did what!?" he spit out through gritted teeth.

"She..." I started.

"I know what you said!" he yelled, getting up. He looked beyond pissed as he walked out of the room, slamming the door in the process.

I sat frozen for a while before I curled up in a ball and laid on my bed.

His absence in the room took a toll on me and I hated it. I hated how he made me feel, how he had so much power over me. I suddenly wished I could go back to plain and simple but I pushed the thought away. That's in the past where it would remain, besides my life was never plain and simple. It has always been hard and complicated and that's how it will remain.

Please

VOTE

COMMENT

if you enjoyed. Thank you!