2. Rivalry - Fantasy

Miya- if she were to be honest with herself- has never fancied males. Potential suitors stand in line to claim the hand of the mythical archer. But the only times where she had wanted to know one of them better, is if they were charming, brave, understanding and...

...Female

It were a good thing the Moon God never chose sins over minds, if they did; She would've never stepped foot into the battlefield, and she would have never came to know and help Nana, long story short, a lot could've never happened, one of them were never meeting the girl of her dreams.

Nana was brushing her long, white hair, talking about a meme here and there whenever she found something interesting. Lolita was beside Nana, commenting on how she was such a 'stale meme' to which Nana commented that Lolita barely adopted the stale meme, and that she was born in it, and molded by it. Miya can't help but chuckle at the child's mock voice as Lolita groaned louder.

"You suuuuuuck"

"You swallow."

Pink flushed Lolita's cheeks and pushed Nana into the end of the couch

"Shut up!"

"If it makes you feel any better, I'd say Miya spits"

"Don't drag me into this, you heathens." Miya tried to appease the two friends, but they were soon playfully slap-fighting each other.

It was nice to have a break every once in a while, everybody laughed, no tears were shed, and nobody had to compete for top- even if her breaks meant hanging out with the two friends.

Nana has soon asserted dominance and continued where she left off, a few seconds, she immediately perked up and turned to Lolita.

"Say, I heard a few things about last week."

"Last week?"

"You know, about Layla's crush on Miya."

Miya perked up. Which startled the two "Ah, excuse me." She said before taking to the balcony. The two were arguing again, but it soon faded to white noise as she was lost in her thoughts.

Layla... Has a crush on her?

It could be just a trick sure, but, it would explain a lot. The glares she were given were lovestruck stares, the flush that flies through her face whenever they touched were her shying away from her crush. The thought made her throat tighten and stomach twist in knots. Maybe her fantasies of long walks in the forest holding the blonde's hand and leading her into a tall yellow field where they can let the world pass by, may actually come true.

Miya snapped out of the trance when she heard her name called.

"-Miya's not even Layla's crush!"

Oh.

She felt her heart shatter as she looked onto the mountains towering over them.

"Not really, huh?" Nana said with a mocking tone

"I-it's just a hypothesis."

Oh.

So that may mean she still has a chance.

She perked up, a little smile on her face. "Maybe she likes me, after all" she mumbled.

"Guess I have to battle the odds"

-----------------------

Layla leaned into the park bench swiping her phone, tapping twice here and there. She snickered at a cute cat video and tapped on it twice. A heart appeared and the lone grey heart on the bottom left had become pink.