Encounter

Edit: November 13th, 2020

I woke up at a decent time, wanting to get some hot water. After I showered, I rummaged through my bag before finding a pair of jeans, and a green long-sleeve shirt. Once I put that on, I walked into the kitchen to get some breakfast.

I was sitting in the living room with a bowl of cereal when Charlie walked in.

"Morning." I said, before taking a bite.

"Morning. Are you still going to follow Bella around?" Charlie asked from the kitchen.

"Yep. No one hurts my family and gets away with it that easily."

After breakfast, I dried my hair and toyed with it, before I decided on curling it. I moved to go to the bathroom, when Charlie put his hand on my shoulder. A bad memory started to creep up, but I shoved it down.

"I'm heading to work. Try not to do anything stupid."

"Me? Do something stupid, psh." I said, grinning.

My brother shook his head before leaving the house. When 7:30 rolled around, Bella trotted down the steps with her bag over her shoulder.

"So," I said leaning against the kitchen doorway. "Am I gonna ride with you and Edward? Or am I gonna drive your truck to the school?"

"I'd rather you use my truck." Bella said.

She tossed me her keys, and I caught them with one hand. We left the house, and shut the door behind us. Edward was waiting for Bella, leaning against his car.

"Good morning, Edward." I said.

"Good morning, Ms. Swan."

"I hope you don't mind if I follow you two, to school. I'm gonna be following Bella around for the day."

"I don't mind at all ma'am."

"Great!"

I turned around, and headed to Bella's truck. I started it, and backed out of the driveway. It took me a couple of minutes, but once I got the truck in gear, it was easy to follow Bella and Edward. I parked a couple of spaces away from them, so it looked like I was giving them space.

"I've got to go sign in, then I'll meet you at your first class. Okay?" I said, briefly stopping by Edward's car.

"Okay."

I headed off towards the office. Or so I thought.

"You're going the wrong way." A lightly accented voice said.

I turned around to see a girl with spiky black hair and tawny eyes.

"How do you know?"

"I overheard you tell Bella where you were going."

'Sure you did pixie.' I said mentally.

"Oh, well can you point me in the right direction?" I asked.

"Sure!" She said.

.....

After I signed in, the secretary was nice enough to give me a map of the school and highlight Bella's first class. It was interesting following my niece around. She and Edward had the same classes, no doubt an effort on both of their parts.

When lunch came around, I grabbed a sandwich and a bottle of juice. I sat next to Bella, and unwrapped my sandwich. I half listened to what her friends were saying, not all that interested. However, my curiosity peaked when the pixie-like girl from earlier sat down at the table with two other people.

"I've decided to throw a party." She said.

I sat up a little straighter, intent in listening to what she had to say.

"After all," A boy with wavy blonde hair said. "How many times are gonna graduate high school?"

"A party? At your place?" A girl with glasses asked.

"I've never seen your house."

"No one's ever seen their house, Jess."

"Another party, Alice." Edward asked.

"It'll be fun!" Alice said.

"That's what you said last time, too." Bella snorted.

"Isabella! That is not how you treat your friends. Apologize." I said, a little angry.

"It's alright-"

"No it's not, Alice. Bella apologize. NOW." I repeated.

"Sorry Alice." Bella said.

The rest of the day was pretty relaxed. A couple of students would ask who I was, and how I knew Bella. It was hilarious seeing a couple of kids scurry away when I had to tell them off for not listening to the teachers.

.........

After school ended, I parted ways with the two, and headed back to Charlie's house. Once I got in the house, I grabbed my clothes from my duffle bag and went to the laundry room. While my clothes were being washed, I grabbed my purse and phone. I placed a note on the fridge that said I'd be spending time at the beach in La Push. I changed into some practical clothes, and walked down to La Push.

Well, ran I guess, is the more appropriate term

Well, ran I guess, is the more appropriate term. Once I arrived at La Push, I bought some water bottles from a convenient store, before heading to the beach. When I found the perfect spot, I placed my stuff near a giant drift wood log. I discarded my shirt, shorts, and shoes before heading into the water.

I ran into the water, ignoring the freezing temperature. I dove under the water, relishing in the feeling of water against my skin. I swimmed for thirty minutes or so, before heading back to shore.

I was drying myself off, when what felt like a semi-truck knocked me over. Pain exploded from my side, making it hard to breathe. I pushed myself into a sitting position, holding onto my side. I looked around to see nothing. I grabbed my stuff and walked to the convenient store.

"Ma'am, are you okay?" A cashier asked.

"Call...ambulance." I said before passing out.