{4}

Corbyn woke up at his usual time of 5:30 the next morning and grabbed his phone from the nightstand. He looked through Instagram and Twitter seeing all his old friends posts and stuff. Corbyn didnt miss his old school or old friends for a second but he did miss the familiar setting of the school he had been in since 5th grade. He switched schools because they moved to a different part of the city. He had to transfer out of his old school and into the new one where he met Zach. 

Corbyn couldn't help but think about the brown-eyed boy. He didn't have feelings for him or anything but he knew they were going to be friends; great friends. Corbyn spent the next hour just randomly doing stuff on his phone before he had to get up and dressed. 

He slipped on some black jeans and an Adidas shirt as well as a Champion hoodie over that. He grabbed his black doc martins before grabbing his school bag and binder off his desk and walking downstairs to the kitchen and getting a pancake from his mom. 

"phanks mmm," Corbyn said mouth full of pancake as he walked out the door

"CORBYN IT'S NOT GOOD TO STAND AND *door slam* eat...," his mom said rolling her eyes at her son

..................

Zach woke up at 4:46 am with a stomach ache like he usually does. It was like his punishment for not eating; he didn't regret it though he just worked through it. He groaned turning over and falling back asleep until 6 when he got up to change for school. Zach put on black ripped jeans and a burgundy obey hoodie with black converse and went downstairs to grab his bag. 

As he walked into the kitchen, Zach saw his father sitting at the bar top counter having his morning coffee and answering emails from the looks of it. Zach grabbed his bag and pulled out his headphones putting them in his pocket before heading towards the door. Zach was about 2 feet from the door when he heard his dad call for him. He mentally cursed since he knew what was coming and turned back going into the kitchen again. 

"Whats up dad?" Zach said leaning on the door frame 

"there's cereal in the cabinet, take some to go if you want but you need to eat." he said making Zach sigh and go over grabbing the cocoa pebbles out of the pantry. He put some in a bag and gave his dad the "can I go now?" look. 

"have a good day at school, I'm leaving for Miami at 3 so I'll see you in three days ok?" his dad said walking up behind him. 

"ok bye, I've gotta go" Zach sad giving him a hug before walking out the door and starting the walk to school, plugging in his headphones into his phone in the process. 

.                              .                                   .

The day went about the same as the last until lunch; He went to go sit at his usual table with jack but what he saw almost shocked him. Jack was sitting with Corbyn and Jonah. The fact that they were sitting together didnt bother him it was the fact that they all looked like they were getting along. 

Jack and Jonah had a thing in 9th and 10th grade and the 10th grade ended with a bad breakup. They hadn't talked in months and now it looked like they were actually getting along. 

Zach sat next to Corbyn as he looked at jack and Jonah for a moment before speaking. 

"this is something I never thought I would see again," Zach said looking at the two boys across from him. 

"I missed this group and my baby too so I realized what an idiot I was and decided to apologize," Jonah said staring down at Jack who was about 5 inches shorter as Jack looked up at him and smiled. 

"glad your back Jo, oh and you met Corbyn too I see; we're just missing Daniel" Jack said looking around to spot Daniel who was walking over to the table. 

 The boys sat at the lunch table all eating except Zach who just sat and talked with them while they ate. Zach checked his watch and realized that it was already 12:45 which meant he should go to the library and study for the Spanish test he had the next period. 

"Hey guys I'll catch up later I have to study," Zach said getting up and grabbing his bag 

before he could walk away Corbyn grabbed his arm to get his attention so he would turn around. 

"You never ate anything, are you ok?" Corbyn asked Zach genuinely concerned 

"I'm fine I had a big breakfast, I've gotta study," Zach said running off to study

"Same old Zach nothings changed" Jonah laugh-sighed  

Corbyn looked confused as the three others agreed with Jonah "what'd you mean?" 

------------------------------------------------------

what ya think?

word count: 817

11-19-17

-Syd