"Were you thinking of them?" asked Belle.

"No. Not really, but I did when you found me."

"I see."

Silence.

The boy liked it. Silence; it made him calm. It made him feel safe.

Belle continued on stroking the boy's chestnut hair. It felt so soft against her palm and relaxing which made her addicted to it.

No wonder the Lady liked to stroke Young Master's hair.

The boy beneath Belle's palm opened his eyes and looked straight into the latter's brown ones just right before the wind blew again and the former watched as Belle's honey blonde hair that was not tied swayed, caressing her fair-skinned face.

"Belle?" inquired the boy, his forehead creasing as he raised his eyebrows.

"Hm? What is it Young Master?" asked Belle with a smile.

"I... I miss them."

Belle stopped stroking his hair and her smile faltered.

Oh, Allen... She mused.

The tragedy happened two years ago on Allen's eighth birthday, but never did Belle saw him cry over his lost...not even a hint of sadness. Allen remained the way he was before like nothing had changed, like nothing was taken from him. She would have thought he did not love his parents had Allen never visited their graves to say 'hi'. But, today was different. For the first time since the tragedy happened, Allen finally said it, and Belle could finally see the soul through the silver eyes.

Allen appeared strong, but his soul was shredded in pieces.

Belle then wondered how her little charge could move on with his chin up while he was broken inside.

Smiling back, Belle said, "Me, too... I miss them..."

"Really...?" asked Allen with wide eyes.

"Yes."

"Hm..." Allen turned to face the darkening sky and saw a star, blinking at him steadily. "Do you think...they're watching on me?"

"Why, yes of course."

"How can you say that?"

"Because..." Belle paused as she carefully joined Allen on the grass and looked up at the sky, at the star Allen was gazing at. "...they love you."

"I know that already, Belle."

"Sorry, Young Master."

"Don't say that please. Anyway, how can you say that they're watching on me? That they're keeping an eye on me? You aren't even dead."

Belle chuckled. "You're right. I'm not dead. Not yet, but someday. Everyone does when the time comes. I don't know what hell or heaven looks like or if it really exists, but I do know that our loved ones who passed away are watching on us, wishing for our best, and praying for our safety. You may not understand this now, but someday you will when you grow older. Because of their love, their filial love, they keep on watching."

Allen was silent for awhile, absorbing the information from Belle before murmuring, "I understand..."

But, there is something...something I'm looking for.

"Oh!" started Belle as she pushed herself up and stood, dusting her clothes. "My, my I forgot! Let's get back now Young Master. I'm sure dinner will be served shortly."

Belle offered her hand to Allen who took it without a second thought with that warm smile of hers and pulled the latter up.

"Thanks Belle, and please stop calling me that. Allen is fine."