Chapter Twenty-Three - A Date To Remember

Start from the beginning

"Thank you so much for bringing me here, Arnav. I love it." 

He looked up at her voice and this time took the pain to smile. 

"Just wait and you'll love it even more." 

And as if on cue, a plate full of delicacies entered his vision as the waiter arranged the food on the table. 

"Sir, ma'am, here is your food. Enjoy your meal." The formally polite waiter said and gave a quick nod to Arnav who rose his eyebrows, before escaping the scene. He halted, looked around to ensure no one was watching him then walked to the small corner NK was hiding in. 

"All done?"

NK had asked him as soon as he reached. 

"Yes sir. I have added the laxatives in her food, that you gave me." The waiter confirmed then added when NK looked at him questioningly, "And it was a high dose, just according to your instructions." 

"Great!" NK almost squealed and instantly took out some money to give him.

"This is your payment!" He forwarded the cash towards the waiter who took it, a tincture of hesitance in his posture. 

"But sir, if she complains about the food then our restaurant-"

"Nothing like that will happen. I don't think she will be in a condition to even think properly but if ever such condition arise, I will handle it." NK reassured him and with a nod, the waiter walked away. 

NK smiled and peeped at the scene, waiting eagerly for the fun to begin. 

And it did soon after. 

"Arnav, seriously, the food here is ama-" Sheetal halted her praise, feeling a sudden churn in her stomach. Her expression changed from happy to horror and pained in a fraction of second.

"What happened, Sheetal? Are you ok?" Arnav asked, popping a broccoli in his mouth, his voice ever so innocent.

Sheetal held her stomach and gave Arnav a nervous smile.

"N... nothing Arnav! Umm...just excuse me for a second! I just need to use the washroom real quick!" She tried not to ramble her words out and stood up hurriedly, walking away in an awkward stride, cursing the spices in the food. 

Arnav chuckled as she escaped for the washroom without even giving him a chance to talk and looked in NK's direction who was already in mirth.

Throwing a thumbs up in Arnav's direction, he then walked away with tears of painful laughter in his eyes. The thought of Sheetal being in this condition at just the beginning ran in his mind and he shook his head, chuckling uncontrollably as he imagined her state afterwards. 

Same was the state of Arnav who was chortling in unruly hilarity until he saw Sheetal returning back - Her make-up totally ruined by sweat beads and her form slumped and tired after her battle in the washroom. 

He cleared the laughter in his throat and masked a concern on his face as she sat herself down. 

"What happened to you? Why do you seem so tired?"

Sheetal looked up at him and instantly felt embarrassed for her situation. She couldn't tell him in which condition her stomach was right now. She can just ask him to return them home.

So she smiled, trying to make it sound as if there was no firecrackers bursting in her stomach at the moment.

"Nothing Arnav! I am fine!"

Arnav nodded and continued eating, at last enjoying his date

"But Arnav I think we-"

"Why aren't you eating? Here, taste this dish!" He said abruptly and took the spoon near her mouth. 

He knew she wanted to go home but if she gets rests so soon then what would be the fun in bringing her here? 

"C'mon, taste it." He emphasized as she looked at him then at the spoon with a lost expression, not knowing that what she wanted to tell him was already tickling him at the moment. 

Helpless in her situation, Sheetal simply opened her mouth and gulped the food, regretting it soon after when her stomach churned unpleasantly. 

Shit.

Precipitation formed on her body again, making the tight dress stick to her almost like a second skin, applying more pressure on her aching tummy. 

"Arnav, I'm full. Can we just-" She stopped as he forwarded his hand to her, smiling down widely. 

"May I have the pleasure of dancing with you?" His husky voice asked, leaving her to gape at him in stupor. 

"What a timing Arnav!" She thought crying from inside but keeping a smile from outside.

"Sure." She almost croaked as she lifted her body slowly and held Arnav's hand as he lead them both to the dance floor. 

She closed her eyes and pressed her lips to control the unwanted waves in her body and so did Arnav, but the difference was.. he did that to prevent chuckling at her predicament.

"What happened, Sheetal? Why are you sweating?" He asked, his tongue pressed against his cheek but Sheetal couldn't say anything. The situation was beyond control now.

Pushing Arnav away from her, she managed to utter, "Ar..Arnav...I need to go to the washroom! Wait for me near the car! We need to return home now!" 

Saying so, she turned and walked to the washroom carefully, unable to take the risk of running and in her state, what she didn't notice was a chuckling Arnav whose excessive joy took everyone by surprise. 

_____________________________