Chapter Five - Junior ASR

Earlier comments on this chapter has been deleted as they would not make any sense with the revised version of 'Tere Liye'. Just a note to old readers, those comments are still very special for me and I have them stored with me to cherish forever. I just don't want any confusion for new readers.

Hope you enjoy! :)

______________________

Khushi was discharged from the hospital the very same evening after the doctors ran a few tests just to ensure she did not incur any internal injuries and Arnav couldn't be more relieved as he exited the hospital with her.

The reason for that was obviously because his Khushi was fine but somewhere he also felt glad to be away from Di's discussion on how to welcome Sheetal and Aarav into their home and how to help the poor duo. It was then that he wished he never said yes for Sheetal to stay with them. Not that he disliked the idea.

Well, he did.

Sheetal was not exactly a friend. She was just someone whom he deemed more than an acquaintance during college due to her unique simpatico personality - amidst a bunch of fakers. That's all. And having her in his house after just one meeting with his family seemed a bit wrong. 

But now what's done is done and according to Di and Mami's plan, she and her son will both move into Shantivan the first thing in the morning once Aarav is officially discharged from the doctors' observation, much to his slight displeasure. 

_____________

Arnav's face was set in a hard line as he bandaged Khushi's hand, the purple and bruised skin in front of him almost making him flinch. Khushi watched silently as some of the traces of rage reappeared on his face whilst he tended to her wounds after her shower and sighed when once he was done, he released the breath he was holding. 

"Done." He mumbled, placing her hand carefully on the pillow that was on her lap and stood up to keep the first aid box back on the dressing table. 

She reached for him the next second he returned to bed.

"Arnavji?"

She called, her eyes wandering with him as he arranged the pillows on his side of the bed. 

"Hmm?" He made a sound of acknowledgement, without looking at her and she knew it was on purpose. So, she held his hand and forced him to sit and look up at her with a surprised glint in his eyes at her unintentional coercion. 

"Arnavji." She called out again, earnestly, "Are you still mad? I said I was sorry."

His eyes didn't budge from her pleading face for like a minute or two before he sighed and placed his hand over hers.

"I'm not mad, Khushi." He said, solemnly.

"But-"

His finger rushed up to cover her mouth as she tried retorting.

"I'm not mad." 

Releasing her lips, his hand trailed down to cup her face and he stared at her whilst heaving a deep sigh.

"I was just scared and that's why I blew up."

Khushi lowered her gaze, partly because she knew she scared the shit out of him and partly because of the shock that he admitted that. He was still struggling to find words to describe what he felt when she looked up again, hearing nothing but gasps as he opened his mouth and then shut it again.

"When I heard you were in the hospital," He paused, then went on, his eyes as well as his posture softening. "I was so scared. I thought that I lost you. Forever this time."