Chapter Nine - The Looming Danger

Earlier comments on this chapter has been deleted as they would not make any sense with the revised version of 'Tere Liye'. Just a note to old readers, those comments are still very special for me and I have them stored with me to cherish forever. I just don't want any confusion for new readers.

Hope you enjoy! :)

___________________________

She opened her eyes lazily, hearing the birdsong of the early morning then closed them again and snuggled more into her pillow - a wide and contented smile on her glowing face. There was a sweet ache all over her body that reminded her of the occurrences of last night as well as ensured her that it was all real. That it all did occur and was a fragment of her insane imagination.

She heaved a blissful sigh, remembering how he promised her the world of happiness then proceeded to love her till the wee hours of the night, all while whispering his sweet confessions in her ears. Her smile stretched and with a tint of hue on her cheeks and she turned and tried reaching for him, only to find the space next to her empty. 

What the?

She opened her eyes and peeked around the room he had carried her in last night, but he was nowhere to be seen. 

Clutching the blanket up to her chest, she swung her feet on the cold floor and was about to reach for her saree that laid on it, when she noticed a package on the dressing table. She stood and hurried to it, her saree long forgotten.

There was a small note glued on top it, that read 'Good morning' with a smiley next to it. She chuckled at his handwriting that seemed like a hundreds ants just died on the paper before unwrapping the packet. 

It contained an anarkali suit of white color with pale blue floral embroidery which extended from the neck till the mid length of the dress. Above the suit, was a golden box of vermilion.

She smiled at his consideration. She herself had forgotten that she didn't have her box of sindoor with her, but seems like her husband had planned everything accordingly as well as considerably.

Keeping the box carefully on the table, she took the towel that she had noticed next to the packet earlier and went into the bathroom to freshen up, the eagerness to see her husband increasing with every passing second.

She came out after twenty minutes and after another ten minutes of drying and setting her hair, she sauntered into the cozy living room just as he entered with some paper bags. 

"Hey!" He smiled as his eyes met hers and after keeping the bags on the small breakfast table, he reached to peck her temple.

"You woke up at a right time. Come, the food is still hot." He said, dragging her gently towards the food and watched as her smile turned into an exaggerated grin at her favorite foods.

The breakfast was then spent while talking about random things, with a couple of kisses involved at regular intervals from a mischievous Arnav to a shy Khushi, as well as from a shy Khushi to a grinning Arnav.

After that they had spent some time strolling in the garden, seeking comfort in the giving nature before finally setting off for home where their family were eagerly waiting for them.

To have fun at their expenses. 

Khushi had flushed to her roots when Anjali had asked her about where they had been, adding that she thought they were kidnapped again - all while maintaining a pretended worry on her face. Arnav had just rolled his eyes, knowing that it would be futile to give excuses. After all, wasn't it pretty obvious where they had been?