Road to My Memory

Start from the beginning

"Irene! Wake up!" I shouted then I felt her temperature.

"You're sick! I'll carry you back inside" I pulled her up and carried her on my back. She suddenly pinched my cheek to get my attention.

"I don't want to go in there. Amber is still inside. Can I just stay at your house?" she said in a weak voice. How can I possibly decline that suggestion besides if what she said was true, I don't want her to be alone with that Amber.

At Seulgi's House

I placed Irene on my bed and wipe her with a towel soaked in warm water. She must've overworked herself with her job.

"What happened to her?" Yerim asked upon entering the room.

"I don't really know. I was so busy with my feelings that I didn't notice she's sick" I answered back while watching Irene sleeping peacefully.

"Aigoo. I thought you can't be selfish when you love someone. That you only think of that someone first before yourself" Yerim stated.

"Here's the medicine. Make sure she eats first before taking that" Yerim reminded.

"Can you ask the maid to cook porridge on your way out" I requested but Yerim shook her head.

"Why don't you cook for her? She took care of you back at the hospital although you don't remember her so try something to pay it back" Yerim stated then left the room. Sometimes, I think Yerim is older than me when she talks. I decided to listen to her and head out to the kitchen, there I saw Yerim sitting on the kitchen counter eating some snacks.

"Should I help you? I miss bonding with you like this" Yerim stated and helped me cook.

"Yerim, do you think I really love Irene?" I asked her out of the blue.

"Yup! You were head over heels for her, I think" She said while busy preparing ingredients.

"Why do you say so?" I asked in curiosity.

"You see you started being a bodyguard 3 years ago. From there I monitored your performances and missions. You never got a fatal wound or anything but just a mere scratch no matter how dangerous or hard the mission was but it was different when you became Irene's bodyguard. You started getting every wounds and bruises you barely had before. You even showered yourself with your own blood as you got beaten up because of her. You risk your life to save her manager just because she requested to and you pushed yourself running almost half dead just to find her" Yerim explained.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief.

"You should know better. You should believe me. You even save her upon seeing her that's why you got into the accident and got amnesia" She let out a big sigh and faced me.

"You know why did that all happened?" I just stared at her waiting for her next words.

"It's because you stopped using your head and started listening to your heart instead.. that's why your job became clumsy and sloppy. All you thought of was to save her no matter what instead of thinking of effective ways to save her" Yerim added. I gave a bitter smile hearing my younger sister's words.

"I stalked Irene while you were away for a year and for that duration. She never gone out to any dates or even had news of her dating. So if you doubt her, the best possible thing was that you misunderstood it. I hated her because you became foolish because of her but as I get to know her for that one year, I must say she stayed loyal loving you." Yerim said then continued cooking.

"Thank you, Yerim" I said. Her words made me comfortable and at ease. I came back inside my room with the porridge we cooked. I sat beside Irene who was sleeping on my bed.