Chapter 5

Meryl P.O.V

Will this change everything? What's gonna happen after this?

"Mammie, Grace, Henry, Liousa, we need to talk to you." I interrupted the silence around the table where we were celebrating Christmas.

"What is it?" Louisa asked worried with everyone having their attention to me and then to Don thay sat opposite from me on the table.

"We don't want you guys to freak out. This is kind of heavy." Don warned them then look at me.

"The reason we got divorced isn't because we fought too much. I...I had a miscarriage." I told them and look at Mammie's horrified face. She reminds me so much about myself.

"You...? Why didn't you tell us?" Grace asked confused and sad by this.

"It was too much to handle." Don replied filling up for me. God I'm falling even more inlove with him. "We were so caught up in trying to keep it healthy and...all I did was turn my back on your mother. She was preparing a tub of water to bath in and...she slipped. Hit her stomach by the side of the bathtub."

"It was all my fault..." I said trying my best not to cry infront of everyone.

"Mom, it's not your fault. Accidents happen." Louisa said touching my hand to get my attention.

"We didn't know what it was. I didn't even feel a kick." I said and look down crying silently. "I couldn't face your father."

"It's okay." Mamie said getting my attention. She had tears in her eyes looking sad.

"It would've been fifteen." I said with a little chuckle.

"But all that's fifteen years now is the divorce." Henry said getting all my attention.

I look at Don that also looked at at me. I look down to avoid eye contact looking at him again afterwards.

"You'll send me the pictures, right?" I asked him standing next to him that went through the photos on his phone.

"Sure. Just show me how." He smiled showing his screen to my.

Oh God. I'm on his wallpaper. What the hell am I doing there?

I go in on his WhatsApp showing him step-by-step.

"Just look at my finger." I told him and show him how to go in to the photos, how to select more than one and send them. "It's easy."

But...he had captured more photos about me.

I look roughly at his gallery. Almost every photo there is mine.

He uses his left hand to lift up my chin and look at my eyes. Oh God. He's so close to kiss. I can feel his breath on mine. I feel the magnetic attraction to his lips.

"We're opening presents!" Louisa shouted from the livingroom having no idea on what was just about to happen.

"Does there always have to be an interruption on such romantic moments?" He asked mentally.

I just gave a giggle and pull away heading towards the livingroom same as Don that just followed.

"This one is for...Henry." Louisa smiled and give the box over to Henry.

"It's from mom and dad." He smiled and open it up. It's a big spider. "Oh thanks you guys. You didn't had to."

"It works with a remote." Don informed him and took a seat next to me on the couch.

"And this is for Mamie." Louisa said handing over the present to her sister.

"Have you gotten this together?" Mamie asked us curiously.

"Yep." Came the reply.

"Oh my god!" Mamie gasped and pull out a nice long dress and shoes. "It's beautiful."

She jump up and give each of us a kiss same as Henry.

"Grace!" Louisa hand Grace her present.

"Thanks mom. Thanks dad." She thanked them with a kiss continuing to hand out presents.

"Now finally, this one is for mom from dad." Louisa smiled nicely and hand over the present to me. I gave a little gasp and took it looking at Louisa that held out another present which I got for him. "And to dad from mom."

I open my present and was kind of surprised to see two tickets to a festival on new year's eve and under it a nice dress, shoes and a diamond necklace with a bracelet.

"Oh my god." I gasped and put my hand on my mouth.

"Tickets for the two of us to go to the festival." Don smiled and open his present. It's not much so it actually makes me feel bad.

"Is this for real?" He asked taking out the watch that he always wanted.

"It's not much." I replied nervously.

"No Meryl, I love it." He replied and look at me.

I put my present down and stood up going to the Christmas tree.

"Okay so listen, this is something I wanna hand over myself." I said taking a present from it's hideaway behind the tree. I turn around and look at Don while he stood up from the couch. "You've been...more than a friend to me lately. I love you for that."

I hand him over the present. He took it giving me a smile. He open the box. I could see the tears in his eyes. He close it again and put it on the couch marching towards me.

Before I knew it, he grab me by my face ending with a kiss next to my lips.

Well, the truth is, we all know where it would've ended if it was on the lips.

I feel his warm hug tight around my body squeezing the juice out of me.

"I love you too." He replied and let go of me again looking at the children that looks like someone that has seen a puppy or a baby laughing for the first time.