Flying Glasses (Young!Sirius Black)

This one i had posted over on my tumblr, and love to death, so i had to have it as my first one-shot posted in this book. 

Get used to lots of Sirius, because I have an abnormal obsession with his existence, along with the other Marauders, I just hate to love them so. 

Anyway, i look forward to expanding this book with lots of little treasures for people to explore. 

Injoy!

-

'Anything written like this are thoughts,'

-

You loved your job more than anything. It was meant for you. It was hard to describe, but there was a certain liveliness to our kind of bars. Each night that you walked in, it seemed like the air changed, that the world you once were in just seconds ago disappeared. Wizard bars were so much different, and so much better.

There were so many things you could call your favorite, but that would just be unfair, wouldn't it? The lights that floated in the air like stars. The music that seemed to be on an endless loop, but never tiring. The glasses which flew from the shelves onto the counter, and the drinks that did the same.

Then the people. The true hit or missers.

Each person, amazing and unique, annoying and sloppy. Just as people are.

Oh yes, they had to be your favorite.

You knew people from the instant they walked in, and sometimes you could even tell their backstory from a glance 'Only with the obvious ones' Along with that, you also learned fast to remember faces, but more importantly, faces that showed up regularly. You wouldn't lie - you liked some more than others, but for a good reason. Just because you liked people in general doesn't mean you had to like all of them.

But one particular person really piqued your interest, a man named Sirius. Sirius Black. You knew the last name, of course - it was a household name, one of the most famous Pure Blood families. From what you'd heard, he was an arrogant prick who went through women fast, but from what you saw, he seemed to be a nice guy, with more to him than a name.

He would come in at 1am, hair slightly messy, but in a rugged way more than a wind tunnel look. Flirt with a few people, get a few drinks, and sit there, admiring the beauty of the place. Sometimes, if he'd had enough drinks, he'd talk to you, asking an endless amount of questions. You knew his trick - for every five regular questions, he'd ask a personal one, but the thing was... you didn't mind.

If he got through as many questions as he'd planned, and the bar was still not closed, he would talk about himself. He didn't reveal much, though, just little things he probably thought you'd forget.

Why? You suspected that the bar was someplace for him to relax, somewhere that he could be someone else. But it was none of your business 'but you sure as hell wanted it to be'

He wouldn't leave until you told him it was closing 'admittedly a few minutes after you really should have' You saw the slight disappointment in his almost constant smirk when he left, and you weren't sure why exactly he felt that way, but you never asked.

This night seemed to be a change though - you could tell by the way he held himself, tired, but trying to pick himself up. 'Terrible day.' Even though the lights were dim, you could see darker bags under his eyes than usual. 'Less sleep than usual.'

He slid onto one of the seats, his dark eyes practically glued to the countertop.

"Stronger than the usual?" you asked, giving him a comforting smile you'd learned to perfect awhile ago.

"Sounds good to me," Sirius said, his voice slightly lower and gruff. 'Yelling? Maybe he just hasn't spoken yet today.'

You nodded, letting a shot glass from below fly onto the counter and fill itself to the brim. You stared at it with narrow eyes. You thought you had mastered the perfect amount of drink, but apparently not. It slowly unfilled itself by the smallest bit, making it so it wouldn't spill if picked up. You huffed in satisfaction.

You sat there in some silence, music humming in the background. Though it was loud, you had become so used to it by now that it seemed like white noise.

"Rough night?" you asked once again. This had to be a record amount of times you've asked him things.

"You can say that." He slid his now empty glass over, nodding for it to be refilled.

"You're giving me a hard time getting things out of you, hon," you joked, and he let out a breathy laugh, his smile slowly getting wider. His eyes wandered to you, looking at you with a curious... something.

"You seem to care more about me than a normal bartender should," he said, a little more of a question than a statement. It took you aback.

"Well..." You weren't paying attention to the overflowing shot glass, which was threatening to spill over the counter. "Shit..."

You quickly gave the glass the dirty eye, making it remove all of the contents so fast it almost tipped itself over. You picked up a rag and wiped up all the remaining mess, without magic, since apparently it had been failing you.

'I'm so sorry, let me get you another one." You squeezed your eyes tightly, letting out a sigh as you turned around so he couldn't see you, and grabbed the drink from above. 'Why were you so nervous? It was just flirting, if you could call it that. People did it all the damn time. Pull yourself together.'

"It's okay, love. Really. Simple mistake." He was still looking at you with that smile, the one you couldn't quite read, that confused you very deeply.

Some more silence filled you, but only for moments.

"Has anyone ever asked you out during work?" Sirius tilted his head slightly, strands of his hair falling onto his face.

"Yes," you answered simply. You knew where it was going - the problem was if you liked it or not. You had a feeling it was the former. Okay, you knew.

"Has it ever worked?" You chuckled, a slight blush painting your cheeks dusty pink. "Not even close."

"Could it ever work?" He was getting just a tad bit antsy, which surprised you. People like him didn't get antsy, they knew exactly how to charm. And you had seen him do it perfectly. What was different this time?

"Only if the right person came 'round, sir."

"What are you doing after you get out?"

"Probably sleep, but I can miss that..." He smiled wildly, shooting you a wink.

"Well, i'll see you then."