Megumin proudly slammed the foot of her staff downwards, loudly proclaiming her merits in utter delight.

...

Darkness grunted in discontentment at Megumin's triumphant exclamation.

"That's not fair Megumin! You'd at least let the golems smash me once with their rock hard fists."

...

"Well, you were to slow to take point... So I had to engage them first."

...

"Fine, Next time I will be faster."

...

Kazuma had enough of their bickering. Raising his hands up, latching onto the back of their necks by surprise, gripping rather tightly and initiating his Drain touch sequence.

The both of them collapsed onto the hard mahogany flooring before they could even retaliate.

...

Crossing his arms once before heaving a sigh of utter disappointment, Kazuma began chastising them with his trademark condescending demeanor.

"Darkness, you were too sluggish today! As for you Megumin, the explosion spell once again incinerated all the loot we needed to collect. You should have used the other spell back at the valley. "

...

"My my my, Kazuma conveniently blaming others. How are you going to be a father like this? ... SKSKSKSKS!"

Kazuma's vein burst at that degenerative comment.
...

"Hey you stinking Goddess... I doubt you would be any help even if you were there in the first place."

...

Darkness being the first to recover, gingerly assisted Megumin back onto her feet.

"Sorry Kazuma, we were too excited to hear about your holiday experience. As such we were distracted, too caught up in the heat of the moment."

Upon Megumin's convincing apology, Kazuma was about to let it slide. Darkness however has other plans in mind. Clasping her arms together, with mad pink streaks materializing across her cheeks. The blonde instantly closed the distance between them such that her nose was almost touching Kazuma's.

"PLEASE PUNISH ME AS YOU DEEM FIT! I PROMISE TO BE KAZUMA'S GOOD CRUSADER NEXT TIME."

The wide, malicious and slobbering grin of hers combined with all that shivering, made Kazuma reconsidered his course of actions. Eventually running out of energy to bother, he nonchalantly dragged himself onto the sofa, laying himself beside Aqua.

"I thought you guys want to know more about the trip?"

...

Those words were enough to rejuvenate those two zombies lying prone on the ground, injecting their spirits with fresh adrenaline as they briskly sprang onto the sofa chairs with eager ears.

...
...
...

"Wow... How much I wished that I was there as well..."