Chapter 8: Can't Remember to Forget You

----------Hoo hoo----------

Rain, rain, go away, please come back another day...

"Oh, my. That isn't very good. What the hell did you do to his arm, Maddie?" 

"I told you not to call me that! My name is Maddox. And all I did was hold on to his wrist. He will be fine."

"Whatever you say. He looks like shit, though. I thought you weren't really going to hurt them?" 

I could hear slightly muffled voices talking as I slowly came to. I kept my eyes shut and my breathing even, so they couldn't tell I was awake and eavesdropping.

"Please," the male voice who identified himself as Maddox, said. "If I intended to really hurt them, you'd know."

Son of a one legged prostitute. Where the heck am I? I'm clear headed enough now to be able to tell that i'm not in the jungle, at the very least. No noise besides the two voices, no odd earthy smells, no bugs feasting on my flesh.

I moved my foot just barely, and immediately recognized carpet beneath my...shoe-less feet? The fuck are my shoes at?! I thought I felt a chill. Those shoe stealing bastards.

Okay. Time to wake up. I need some answers.

I opened my eyes slowly, and was slightly relieved to find that no one was in front of me. That's when the shock made my eyes go wide. The room I was in was absolutely beautiful. The walls were a deep purple, which the gold couches accented nicely. A shimmering chandelier hung from the ceiling, casting dazzling lights all across the room.

The carpet was shag, and so deep that when I dug my toes into it's bright white fibers it felt like they went a mile downward.

The only un-glamorous part was that I was tied to a chair. The chair was fancier than shit, I could tell by the comfortable cushion, and even the ropes I was tied with were laced with golden accents.

Have I been kidnapped by a prince or something? I thought to myself. And my arm is smarting like a bitch. I looked down, and my breath caught in my throat. My left forearm was riddled with deep purple bruises, encircling it. What the hell?

It was just a kid that grabbed me, though...wasn't it? Wait a second...all those kids, surrounding me...I knew them. How could I have forgotten who they were? Slowly, like a thick fog clearing from my mind, I started to remember things.

The island. Childhood friends, playing together here...friends I had completely forgotten until i'd arrived back here. A secret entrance in the neighborhood park...but why couldn't I remember the kid that grabbed me? For some reason, his face and name escaped me completely.

I struggled against my binds, to no avail except to make me wince as the ropes tugged against my bruises. I sighed, looking around me. The door was ajar...I could hop my way out? I shook my head at myself. As if they wouldn't hear that. Not to mention this chair weighs as much as I do.

I bet the others are worried by now. Well, Lance at least, and maybe Felix. Why did I get lured here? How did the others not see what I did? Why was I special?

Whoever this Maddox guy is, I need to know what he wants. Looks like it's about time to do something stupid. I cleared my throat.

"Oh, Maddie! I'm getting a little parched in here. Got any lemonade?"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~Lance's POV~

"JEFFIE!" I shouted for the millionth time, hacking my way through this ridiculous jungle. I was several paces ahead of everyone else, clearing the way. I didn't care if some creature came to attack me by the sound of my voice.