Chapter 8 | Aphmau

DISCLAIMER: This will have some details from the newer MyStreet, like Aph's healing powers(which she has almost mastered in this story, and some other stuff. Please don't get confused.

Sly POV

I don't get it! Not. At. All!

Why would she just brush past him? We've been using the same disguises since...forever! So she obviously knew it was Katz! So why, why didn't she stop?

One part of me is glad she didn't come home with him. I'd rather it be me, to be honest. Because I'm her best friend, of course.

Why did she leave in the first place? I mean, I get that leading this group is stressful. I get that Loki is always bothering her, but why would she just abruptly leave?

Did I do something?

It's just...I need her. I need her to take my place as leader of The Few, of course. I mean, it's my fault that this group is about to fall apart...and it's my fault that Steven....and Katz..and-

Wait. It's not ALL my fault. Negative thoughts like those will turn me into a villain!

For now, I've just got to keep doing what I'm doing, and trying to keep us together.

Oh, there's a call from Katz. Probably an update on the Loki situation.

"Hell-" I am quickly interrupted.

"23 Mystreet Av." His voice was ragged, and he immediately hung up. I understood immediately. Loki.

"EVERYBODY, WE'RE GOING TO MYSTREET!" Pbat, Jose, and Kala came out of their rooms.

"How long do I have to pack?" Kala's eyes twinkled at the mention of vacation. I rolled my eyes, and said one word.

"Loki." I saw the shadow of a head come out of Steven's room, only to wander back in. The three heroes in front of me pressed a button on their rings, and we made our way to MyStreet.

Once we got near the neighborhood, I heard fighting. Flying above, I searched for Katz, only to see lots of Gawkens, and a neighborhood of fighting citizens. One caught me eye. A certain raven-haired, hazel-eyed girl, who was next to a mango-haired, red-eyed girl. They were both tending to a beat up body, which, after a lot of examination, was Katz.

"Aphmau, I need you to try your healing magic! I know you haven't perfected it, but I'm starting to get drained, and I need to help the others." The mango-haired girl handed the other girl some potions, and took out a staff, while joining the others.

"Sly! What are you doing over there? Come help!" I snapped out of my daze, and turned back to the Gawkens. The raven-haired girl would have to wait.

Halfway through the battle, we were losing. I looked back at the raven haired girl, who was emitting a blue glow as she healed Katz. Standing up shakily, she stepped towards the battle.

"Raven-haired girl! Stay away from this battle if you can't fight!" She looked up at me with a deadly glare, that seemed oddly familiar. Hesitating, she stopped. After a couple moments, she moved again.

Stepping forwards, she held out a hand. Everything froze, and watched her. Me included. Her eyes were hazy, and her steps were shaky. She continued forwards, and the mango-haired girl yelled down at her.

"Aphmau! You haven't mastered that yet! Don't!" The raven-haired girl completely ignored her, and walked right up to the Gawkens. Jose snapped out of his trance, and made his way to her, but her hand was already glowing. He was pushed away a bit.

"Purify..." She whispered. She said it again, but louder.

"Purify..Cleanse...and Heal. May the grass grow green, the trees grow tall. May one good soul conquer all." her hand was enveloped in a glowing ball of green. The girl stared ahead blankly as the ball of light enveloped her whole body, and shot straight at the Gawkens. As the ball touched them, the Gawkens slowly started to shimmer and disappear.

Once they were gone, the ball of light slowly faded, revealing the girl, who started to fall. Jose went to catch her, but was beat to it by some black-haired kid. The mango-haired woman quickly ran over to them.

"Lucinda! Is this one of her new spells or something?" 'Lucinda' nodded.

"She's worn herself out a lot, that Aphmau. Thanks for catching her, Aaron."

"Well, Aph would do anything for her friends. I just hope she'll be okay. Will she?"

"Of course! Aphmau's tough!"

Wait...

Did they say...

Aphmau?