Chapter 6 Stabby

Gabie

~~~

"AH! Torturess!" Tony hisses and I roll my eyes. My hand is holding a stained red towel to his bleeding and broken nose.

"I'm not the one sewing your side up while you only have three shots in your system," I snap and side-eye Bruce. The good doctor is carefully

"Bruce is so gentle," Tony slurs and flashes doe eyes to the scientist. Tony and Bruce have become quite close as of late, 'sciencebros' they call themselves.

"As gentle as I hope you were with Allie," Natasha mutters and Bruce pulls on the medical thread.

"I didn't break her nose!" Tony whines and glares at me.

"Don't forget I also stabbed you," I remind and whip out the switchblade gifted to me by Natasha.

"Yeah and what was that about?"

"Wait!" I shout making the assassin and supersoldier go still. They were poised to just about murder Tony while Bruce and I watched. Standing up I take a moment to take a deep breath, the air does not temper my anger. "She asked, didn't she? This was her choice."

Steve and Natasha step back and allow me to move closer to Tony.

"She asked," I repeat and clench my hands.

Abruptly my left-hand swings out and lands square in Tony's face and he keels over. Quickly my right-hand sticks him with a tiny switchblade in his outer thigh.

"Oh my God!" Steve yelps and jumps forward to catch Stark.

"You lured me with a false sense of security!" Tony shouts and falls into Steve's arms, clutching his thigh. "Sonofabitch." Bending over I pull the knife from his flesh and sigh at the blood stain.

"Alright, I feel better now. Come on let's get you stitched up," I remark and offer him my hand. Tony stares at me with an expression of betrayal but takes my help. Together Steve and I shoulder the frazzled man and help him towards the elevator.

"Why'd you have to inflict corporeal punishment?" Tony asks while pouting and I roll my eyes.

"Don't be such a baby, it was a switchblade it could have been a dagger or a machete. I took it easy on you," I scoff. His eyes widen at me and I smirk. "You think I don't own a machete? Stark you fool."

"But still why?" he presses.

"Allie is my best friend and I'm protective of her," I say simply and gingerly wipe his face clean of blood. "She's always been uncomfortable in her own skin and I wanted to shield her from all the possible consequences."

"Consequences like what?" Steve prompts and I sigh.

"The things about Allie are her skin condition, her weight sensitivity, her anxiety, and so many more things that she should be the one to tell you all about. Not to mention she became paranoid when her voice gained all that power that could flare up if she wasn't paying attention, power that could hurt one of you," I elaborate carefully.

A quiet settles over us and Bruce sits up to tend to Tony's broken nose wordlessly.

"I guess I just didn't realize she had overcome all that."