Chapter 22: Elena Visits

Katherine Pierce

I wake up with my face buried in Stefan's chest and I smile. I kiss his forehead and get dressed. I walk out to my car and drive to the store. I had checked their fridge last night and had found it empty. Once I have everything I set it in the car and drive back.

"Hey," someone says as I walk in. "Where were you?"

I turn around and see Elena.

"I was at the store buying food," I say holding up the bags. "Because there was none."

"I'm sorry," she says taking a couple bags. "I really hadn't thought about buying food since Damon went missing."

"I get it," I say and we set the bags on the counter. "You were worried."

"So," she says after we've put the groceries away. "Do you want to go shopping because I really need new clothes."

"Yes. I need new clothes too," I say as we walk upstairs.

"Meet me downstairs at 2," she says and walks into Damon's room. I walk into Stefan's room and he's still sleeping. I quietly get on the bed, stand up, and start jumping.

"GET UP SLEEPYHEAD," I yell while jumping on the bed. He groans and pulls me down into his chest.

"Let's sleep all day," he says and I giggle.

"I can't. I told Elena I would go shopping with her at 2," I say and he opens his eyes.

"I love you," he says and tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"I love you to," I say as I put my hand on his cheek and kiss him.

"Oh no I forgot that I was going to make breakfast," I say after I pull away. I jump out of the bed and run downstairs. I grab the bacon and eggs and put them each into a pan. I feel Stefan wrap his arms around me.

"I didn't know you could cook," he whispers in my ear.

"Never know when you might need it," I say.

After everything's finished I put them on plates and hand one to Stefan. I cover the rest up and put them in the fridge.

"Wow this is amazing," he says taking a bite. Damon and Elena walk in hand in hand.

"I smelled bacon and eggs," Damon says and I point toward the fridge.

"He's right this is good," Damon says and I put my plate in the sink. I sit down on the couch and turn on the tv. About 10 minutes later Stefan sits down next to me and pulls me onto his lap. Damon and Elena come in and sit down on the other end of the couch and we all watch tv for about 4 hours. I get up off Stefan's lap and head for the stairs.

"Where are you going?" he asks giving me a pouty face.

"I'm getting ready to go shopping," I say and Elena turns around and smiles at me. I head upstairs and go through my clothes. I decide on a pair of dark jeans, a gray shirt that says "don't go with the flow", black sandals, and a black bracelet. I throw my hair in a messy bun and grab my purse. I head downstairs and wait for Elena.

Elena Gilbert

I go upstairs to Damon's room and go through my clothes. I decide on a pair of leggings, a gray sweater, brown combat boots, a scarf, an elephant ring.

I head downstairs to find Kat fully dressed and ready to go.

"Let's go," I say and we walk out the door.

5 months later

Caroline Forbes

I set my hand on my 6 month old baby bump and sit up on the bed. Klaus stirs beside me looks at me with worry in his eyes.

"I'm fine," I say getting up. "I just need a shower."

"I just don't want anything to happen to you," he says pulling me into a kiss then gets dressed and heads out the door. I get into the shower and after I'm done I get out and get dressed. I head downstairs and see Kol and Bonnie making out on the couch. I clear my throat and they pull away from each other.

"I wanted to watch tv," I say awkwardly sitting down.

"We'll just go upstairs and fool around," Kol says winking at Bonnie.

"KOL," Bonnie says hitting his arm. Kol just laughs as he throws Bonnie over his shoulder and carries her upstairs. I hear someone laugh behind me and I turn around to see Elena.

"ELENA," I say running over to hug her and I gesture to her stomach. "Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?"

"I didn't know at first," she says running her hand over her baby bump. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I honestly completely forgot," I say.

"So what room am I staying in?" she asks picking up her suitcase.

"Follow me," I say walking up the stairs. I show her to the room two down from me and Nik's.

"More good news," she says as she turns to look at me after she's done unpacking.

"What's better then two new babies," I say.

"Three new babies,"she says taking her shoes off.

"Three?" I ask sitting down on the bed. "Who else is pregnant?"

"Jenna," she says. "I could hear the other heartbeat from across the room. But for some reason she hasn't told Ric."

"Well I'm gonna go have a chat with her and try to convince her to tell him," I say standing up.

"Ok. I'm just going to take a nap," she says and lays down on the bed. I walk out the door and go to my room. I pull out my phone and dial Jenna's number. She picks up right away.

"Hey Jenna. I was wondering if I could talk to you about something," I say walking out onto the balcony.

"What is it?"

"Why haven't you told Ric you're pregnant?" I ask leaning on the railing.

"What are you talking about? I'm not pregnant."

"I know you are because I can hear your heart racing through the phone. Elena also told me that she could hear the second heartbeat coming from your stomach," I say.

"I don't know how I'm supposed to tell him. What if he leaves me?"

"Jenna he won't leave you. He won't be upset that you haven't told him either. In fact he'll be overjoyed that he's going to be a father," I say as I hear the door open and I turn around. I turn back around and look at the beauty that is New Orleans.

"I know this because when Klaus found out I was pregnant it was the happiest moment of his life and also mine," I say.

"Thank you Caroline. I really needed that."

"I will always be here for you Jenna. No matter how far away I am," I say and I hear a sniffle from her.

"I'm going to tell Ric."

"Never hesitate to call," I say and hang up. I walk back into the room and see Klaus asleep with a smile on his face. I put some pajamas on and cuddle into his chest. He wraps an arm around me and I look up into his eyes.

"I love you," I say closing my eyes.

"I love you to," he says kissing my forehead and I let the sleep overtake me.

Word count: 1,246