Chapter 24: The Three Gates

Start from the beginning

Great...one of the threats to my leadership got away and is under the protection of some traitorous Yo-kai and if the report I got from Maddiman is true, there's two human kids that can see us and they're on their way to defeat me! It took me years to finally get the throne to myself and I'm not going to let some human kids take that away from me!

Mckraken tossed the papers to the side, which made them disappear in a puff of smoke, and he sighed with annoyance, but then an idea formed in his head.

I know! I'll make the kids fall into the area below the bridge! Sure, it'll just delay them, but if I can keep them away long enough, the invasion can still be launched!

*****

Back with the group, they were almost to the blue gate when they felt the bridge shaking. They held on to the rails to steady themselves before they could walk forward to a safer area, but the rails suddenly broke and even though Whisper and the other Yo-kai grabbed the kids to keep them from falling, it was in vain as the shaking got worse and the kids lost their balance, which made the whole group fall downwards. Thankfully, they landed safely on what looked like a giant cake and after looking around, they realized that this must be Hungry Pass, if the cake theme didn't already give it away.

"Okay, all we have to do is find the rope and we'll be back at the red gate, which unfortunately means that we have to walk all the way back to where we were before the bridge started shaking."

As they walked around, looking for the rope, the kids asked if the shaking was normal in the Yo-kai Realm. Whisper shook his head and said,

"This must have been a dirty trick created by Mckraken to delay us! We have to keep going forward and stop him if we want to keep our realms safe!"

The group walked through the cakey area, occasionally fighting some Yo-kai to be ready for battling Mckraken, until they found the rope. They climbed up the rope and found themselves at the red gate. They quickly rushed down to the blue gate, where Ogralus was waiting.

"We need to pass through the gate."

He looked at them and said,

"I cannot let children pass, so tell me the truth. Are you children?"

"We are children, but we need to pass through the gate, sir."

"I admire your honesty. In truth, I was only going to let you pass if you told the truth."

"You mean...?"

Ogralus nodded as he disappeared.

"You're free to pass through the blue gate."

As the group was about to cross through the blue gate, they felt the bridge shake slightly and looked towards the rope that would take them to the next area below the bridge.

Better safe than sorry.

They climbed down the rope and as their feet touched the rocky ground of the area that Whisper identified as Liar Mountain, they saw the rope shake violently. Nate and Katie took their hands off the rope and hoped that the rope didn't break off the bridge and leave them stranded on Liar Mountain. Whisper noticed their distress and reassured them that the rope wouldn't break. Nate and Katie sat down and looked over the area they were in while they waited for a sign that told them it was safe to go back up. They didn't really know what they had been expecting when they got there. Liar Mountain was just a mountain-like area that was dark due to being under a bridge. If it wasn't for the blue lights floating around, Nate and Katie doubted that they would've been able to see anything. There were Yo-kai hanging around, as expected, but there were also a few Yo-kai that looked odd. These Yo-kai looked like some of the Yo-kai that were hanging around Liar Mountain, except that they were completely white.