Chapter 17: Explanations

The sunlight shined through the window as the group stirred from their slumber.

"What's the plan for today?"

"We need to discuss a few things, but I want to discuss them in a private area where no one can interfer with us or give you weird looks."

"Nocturne Hospital?"

Whisper shook his head.

"No way. That place gives me the creeps. Mount Wildwood?"

"No, they're setting up the festival today."

"Timer's and More? Mr. Goodsight already knows about Yo-kai and he probably wouldn't mind letting us hang around there."

"Yeah, but he has other customers coming in and out of the shop."

"The alcove where we met Noko?"

"Well, there aren't that many Yo-kai there, so it could work. We can eat lunch there too while we're at it."

After getting permission to go out for the day, the group walked to Downtown Springdale. It was still pretty early, so they decided to see if there was anything they could do until lunch.

*****

As they were exploring the alleyway behind Frostia's Place, they saw the owner of the shop, Ms. Frost standing near the doorway, troubled by something.

"Hello, Ms. Frost. Is something wrong?"

The woman looked up and asked,

"Oh, it's nothing too bad. It's just that need Black Syrup for something I'm considering serving here and I don't have any on hand."

Nate dug into his pocket and pulled out a small cup of Black Syrup.

"Is this enough?"

Ms. Frost nodded and said,

"Yes, thank you. Are you...two familiar with the area around Catfish Pond?"

Nate and Katie nodded, although they did notice that she had paused before saying 'you two', as if she wasn't sure if that was correct.

"I also need some Refreshing Herbs. I heard that they grow around the area. I would head up myself, but I have to do some testing with the Black Syrup you got for me."

"Oh, sure. We can do that for you."

Ms. Frost bowed and said,

"Thank you. Just be careful while you're up there. The festival is being set up today."

As the group left, she hummed and looked at a paper she had in her hand that also had a picture of the two kids.

It's safe to talk about Yo-kai matters with Nate Adams and Katie Forester. However, if you want to see for yourself, ask them to do you a favor, perferably a non-dangerous one.

- Kit Barton

*****

The group had teleported to Mount Wildwood through the Mirapo at Downtown Everymart and they walked by the festival being set up. Thankfully they had arrived at the time where people were just looking for places to set up the stands. The group walked by quickly and after looking at a list of currently active Mirapos, decided to just go through the Mirapo at the Abandoned Tunnel after they received the Refreshing Herbs. They walked up to Catfish Pond and found a strange plant that after a quick search, Whisper confirmed to be the Refreshing Herbs Ms. Frost needed.

"Okay, let's get these plants to the lovely Ms. Frost before something happens."

Just as Whisper said that, they saw a Mad Mountain.