Chapter Thirty-Four

{UNEDITED}

-

  "There's something wrong with you, isn't there?" I still had my face in my hands, refusing to look at him but I could feel his eyes on me. 

  It was silent for a while, his quiet breaths were the only sound filtering through the cold air. "Apparently not for long." He finally said.

  My hands retracted from my face as though it burned them, I glared at the floor. "What do you mean? Are you going to die, Adam?"

  "Isn't that the fucking question." He laughed breathlessly,D I went to slap him on the chest again, but his hands flung themselves up and blocked my way. He gripped my wrists, firmly, yet gently.

  "Are you actually being serious, Adam. This isn't a time to be joking! You sick basta--"

  He laughed again, and I ripped my hands away from him. "It must be so fucking easy for you to push people away, to just leave them! It must be a walk in the fucking park. But it's not easy for me. It's not as simple. Have you ever, just once thought about what might happen to me if you die? How it might affect me? Do I deserve any of that? You can't just let me in so you can push me out! I don't want you to go." I took a deep breath, trying to stop the sobs from engulfing me completely, "I really don't want you to go."

He jumped straight in, standing up furiously. "Do you think I wanted all this? Do you really think I wanted to live like this! I don't want to hurt you! I never wanted to hurt you! You're always on my fucking mind! Of course I didn't want this. When will you fucking realise that everything I've done has been to keep you from getting hurt. Jesus Christ."

  "Why?" I managed, out of sobs, curling my arms around my torso as my vision blurred with tears.

  "Because you drive me fucking crazy."

  And with that, he wrapped me in his arms, and kissed me. His arms travelled around my waist and pulled me infinitely closer to him. I melted in his warmth. Flushed against him, I was  in a state of shock. Until my lips began moving with his, the taste of him was like cigarettes and apples, it was addictive. It was indescribable. He titled my head to he side and smiled into the kiss. 

  I was surrounded in every ounce of him. 

It started off slow at first, but then it quickened, the pace was full of need as we stumbled, my back was pressed against the wall. My hands flew up to his neck as they ran through the locks of his hair, a husky moan slipping past his lips. He gripped my hips and pushed me towards him. I could feel something against my --

  He pulled away quickly, and answered his phone, the first time I had even noticed it was ringing, He yanked it from his back pocket, "What." He snapped.

  I hid a smile and turned to go back inside, only to realise Adam's hand was still planted on my waist.

  I tried to move away from him but it was no use, with a smirk he gave my waist a squeeze, as a squeak spilled from my mouth. His smile only grew, as he stared at me. But listening further on the phone, his smile dropped just as his hand did from my waist.

  Just like that it was as though a switch had been flicked, and he turned away from me. I sighed, going back into the house and towards my phone that I'd left in his room. I unplugged it. Only to see an explosion of messages from my dad. 

  My stomach dropped and I called him back immediately. He picked up sooner than possible, "Where are you? Are you alright?"

  "I'm fine, I just forgot to call. I'm over at Rob's we're having a sleepover. I'm sorry I forgot and worried you."