Scroll 6: In Between

Start from the beginning

'But I know that I will never be able to face him once I reveal everything. Will the line between us really disappear?' A bitter smile made its way to her face as her eyes stung at the tears she held for a long time.

The waters caressed her skin and she glanced at her skin. It was marred with various scars, but the most evident one was those on her stomach. She traced the line.

"Solomon, why the hell am I suddenly thinking about him? I don't get myself anymore. I know that I will not be able to speak about this to the elders since it just sound so ridiculous. I-I should just forget about Sinbad." She voiced out. That was what she said, but even she was having a hard believing those words that just came out of her mouth.

Thais finished cleaning herself and was about to get out of the water when something entered her mind. It was a strong magic carrying something else with it. There were emotions that froze her in place until the final words struck her hard.

'Please look at me one more time.' Tears trickled down her cheeks as she furiously glanced at her surroundings. Where did it come from? Her eyes scanned the area but there was no one in sight. She doubted those words, but she was sure as well that they all came from him.

'Please look at me one more time.' She repeated the words in her mind. Her training with the dragons was almost done and she thought of her next destination. She wanted to reach out for Luna, but there had been a rip between them. Her mind whirled as she finalized her decision. Will she be selfish and come to Sinbad or will she force the distance between them to widen?

"Thais? Child, are you done with your bath?" She turned around to see the Elder Dragon. She let out a forced smile and nodded. After drying and changing to her new clothes, she sat by the grass and meditated. She blocked everything in sight, even her djinns. She searched for the light inside her, but it repelled her approach.

'What?' Her confusion was written on her face and when she tried to touch it again, it recoiled and blasted her away. A huge headache came and she curled up in pain. It was the first time her rukh rejected her approach. What was happening? Her djinns knocked on her mind and they were worried for her mental state.

'Thais? Are you alright? We felt the sudden burst in your rukh. What happened?' Marbas asked.

'I-I do not know. My rukh is rejecting my approach. I can no longer hold it again.' She confessed. Seere clicked his tongue in irritation and forced his magic to enter her body's core. The special rukh resided inside it, but when he tried to go near it, it blasted him away as well. However, he heard voices.

'I don't want to be selfish.'

'I love him.'

'I hate what I am feeling right now.'

'I am so confused.'

'Please look at me one more time.' That one was different and he tried to look for the source. It was there exactly in the middle. He stepped out of her mind and asked if there was something bothering her. She lied and he saw right through her.

'Please look at me one more time. What does that mean to you, Thais?' She flinched at his accusing tone and clutched her arm. She was nervous and scared. She wanted to forget it, but her mind was being difficult. No, she was being difficult. Her emotions went haywire and the rukh fluttered around her.

"H-His approach, I don't know what to do with my feelings for him! I am scared, yes. I will not deny. I feel like he changed, I changed, and there is now a line that I can't cross. I still love him and I don't want him to go. I don't want to lose him again even if I'm already broken and dirtied! I don't want this fire to die down!" She cried out. The dragons around her felt the immense energy around them. The elder approached the confused adult slowly. The djinns noticed her.