"Have you been okay?" She asked answering my question as to why she was being so touchy and gentle. I gave her a small smile and slight nod as I put the bag of grapes in my cart, what I was intending to do before Rebeca kindly interrupted me.

"What are you doing for dinner?" She asked as she looked down into my half full shopping cart.

"Nothing special" I said kindly, the buzzing of people around us becoming almost overwhelming. She must have felt it too.

"I'll join you, we can make something delicious" she said with an excited smile and I knew I couldn't turn her down. I nodded, a bit excited as well. We made our way into the check out line, talking about random topics as we waited.

"Oh it's so cute" she said as we entered my small motel room. I gave her a small smile as we put down the groceries. We walked into the small kitchen, Rebeca talking about how excited she was for the baby. I was so happy for her, almost jealous.

"Adan" she said as she gave me a warm smile.

"That's the name we chose" she said referring to the baby growing in her belly.

"It's beautiful, just like his mother" I said as I placed my hand gently over her stomach. We stood in silence, enjoying the moment.

Everything about it was beautiful.

"Pass me the spoon please" Rebeca said as she mixed the pasta with the small fork. I handed her the wooden spoon as I sat on the kitchen counter eating strawberries. I was never a good cook and I wasn't planning to start today. It's not like Penny depended on my cooking to feed. I almost laughed at how weird this was. How weird it would look to other people. Penny and I. Yeah...

Penny and I..

"So we decided to move across the street into the bigger home" Rebeca said as she drank from her glass of water. I nodded understandingly as I drank from my own glass. I had decided I was in the mood for wine, something Rebeca was jealous of at the moment.

"That was a smart decision" I said as I swallowed the sweet drink down. We were half way through dinner, sitting down on the shitty counter in the kitchen, like the good old days before Rebeca got pregnant or engaged. Those days when we had our stupid heart breaks and silly boy issues. When we would laugh all the way into midnight, not caring about exams and early classes the next day. Those crazy nights when we drank full bottles of wine and ate animal crackers until we threw up. When I held Rebeca when she had her first heart break. A dumb boy from college named Bryan. He broken up with her 2 days before Valentine's Day so we decided to cry it out in my shitty apartment at the time. Drink champagne and wine and stuff our faces, watching cartoons all day. I had seen another side of Rebeca that day, and never did I ever think I would be the one comforting her none the less to be the one on the other end of it. Broken and hurt like that day she held me. It hurt not being able to tell her who had hurt me like she always did. It hurt not being able to tell her detail by detail what had happened to me and my heart. I couldn't tell her the story behind the heavy tears that slipped down my cheeks. All she could do was hold me and tell me it was okay, and that's exactly what she did. Oh how I missed those days, those nights.

"Hellooo?" Rebeca said waving her plastic fork in my face with an amused and curious smile. I snapped back into reality, embarrassed.

"Oh sorry" I chuckled as I picked up my fork.

"Anyways, would you like to come?" She asked with a gleam of excitement in her eyes.

"To?" I asked, feeling bad for not paying attention earlier.

"To see the new house silly!" She exclaimed with utter excitement. I laughed along with her as I nodded.

"Of course silly!" I said in the same mocking tone, sending us into another fit of giggles. Suddenly I felt my stomach turn, my chest tightening. I looked down immediately, afraid the lights were glowing and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion when they didn't.

"Are you okay?" Rebeca asked but I could barely hear her over my harsh and heavy breathing. I dropped my fork onto the plate, making a slight sound. The sensation grew stronger and I suddenly became familiarized with it.

I had to throw up.

I lunged out of my comfortable seat, sprinting to the bathroom, covering my mouth with my hand. I slid against the floor with my knees, letting myself throw up into the toilet. I closed my eyes not wanting to see the mess but I still felt slight tears stinging my eyes.

I heard a soft patter of footsteps emerge from behind me and I knew Rebeca had followed me into the bathroom. I felt her soft and small hand pull my hair back, while her other one rubbed my back.

"You didn't even drink that much" she said confused on my sudden nausea. I continued gasping for air, hating the taste in my mouth. I quickly wiped my face with a small towel, standing up.

"Let me see" she said referring to the toilet. I gave her a disgusted look as I shook my head and reached for the flush handle. Curse her nursing license.

Rebeca suddenly stood up, pushing me aside lightly in order to see into the toilet before it flushed down completely. Her eyes widened a bit, and her face grew pale.

"What?" I asked absentmindedly as I continued to wipe my mouth. I wanted to throw up again just from the taste in my mouth.

"That's what mine looked like" she said as she continued to look into the now clear water in the toilet bowl. She held her stomach lightly. I gave her a confused look as she slowly turned to face me.

"It's been happening a lot lately" I said biting my lip in nervousness.

"Who is he?" She asked looking at me with widened eyes, almost the size of quarters.

"Who?" I said, my voice cracking obvious I was lying. Rebeca knew me too well and saw right through me.

"Lola" she said gently, almost whispering. Her lip quivered a bit before she spoke up again.

"I think you're pregnant"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Im so sorry for the late updates! I'm going on a trip in a couple days and I've been very busy with everything! I also caught a cold and I'm barely recovering! I promise I didn't forget about all of you and this book! I'll update as much as I can on my trip! Anyways, thank you all for your support and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!