Chapter 14-Family Getaway + Alyx

Adam, Aspen, Alyx, Bree, Chandler, Chase, Katherine, and Leo sat on the couch at the Davenport house. This morning, Donald barged into the room Aspen had, demanding that the newly engaged couple get downstairs. 

When they finally decided to get up and go downstairs, they were surprised to find everyone, including Aspen and Chandler's parents in the living room. Everyone looked tired, and Leo couldn't keep his eyes open. 

"What are we doing awake at 5 o'clock in the morning?" Leo mumbled, jolting as his head hit Alyx's shoulder. 

"Because your parents, Patrick and I wanted to talk to all of you." Maria spoke, smiling at the ring on her daughters finger. 

"Talk to us about what?" Chase yawned, rubbing his eyes. 

"We thought it would be a good idea to let you guys take off from school for a week for some much needed family time." Tasha said. 

"So, we've decided to go away on a little family getaway, and Alyx your coming because your like family." Patrick told his son's best friend.

"A getaway to where?" Bree asked. 

"Patrick and Maria have a Beach House in Florida so we're all going to pack up and go there tomorrow but we're getting up at 2 in the morning so we can drive." Donald said and they all groaned. "Oh suck it up!" 

"We're gonna spend all day packing today, and then everyone is going to come here to stay the nigh." Tasha said, "And it's also to celebrate Aspen and Adam's engagement." 

"Can I go back to sleep now?" Aspen and Leo wined, Aspen's head on Adam's shoulder. 

"No, we're going home to pack." Maria told her daughter. 

Aspen wined like a little kid before standing up, and pecking Adam's lips before following after her parents, brother, Alyx, and Katherine. 

*********

"It's too early." Aspen mumbled against Adam's shoulder as they all stood outside the Davenport house.

"Tell me about it." Leo said, still in his pajamas.

"Okay, so it's Aspen, Adam, Chase, Bree and Leo in Aspen's car, Chandler, Katherine, and Alyx in Chan's car, and me, Maria, Tasha and Donald in my car." Patrick spoke after everyone was accounted for and outside.

"I'll drive first." Adam gently took the keys from his tired fiance.

"Fine by me." She opened the passenger door, "I'm taking a nap."

"You and me both." Alyx mumbled, throwing himself in the backseat of Chandler's car. 

******

After driving in the peace and quiet for a few hours, Adam was relieved that everyone was now awake. 

"Aspen, put it on the road trip playlist." Leo told her. 

The blonde plugged the AUX cord into her phone and clicked the playlist. The Spice Girls started playing. Leo and Aspen looked at each other wide eyed before yelling the lyrics out at the top of their lungs.

"YO, I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I WANT, WHAT I REALLY, REALLY WANT!"

*******

"So, Adam and Aspen are engaged." Katherine spoke up.

"Yeah, my baby sister's engaged before I am." Chandler chuckled.

"How do you really feel about it?" Alyx asked his best friend, knowing how he felt about it. 

Chandler and Alyx might've met during college, but from the day he met Aspen, she became like a baby sister to him, and it was fine that she was like a little sister to him because he was an only child. He never had a younger sister or older brother and he was thankful that Chandler was his roommate in college.